Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #51 
Aluyasha

I know how you feel, I have a Dachshund named Digger who is now reaching 15 years old. It does make it a little easier to have another pet to love, it kind of reminds me of all my first experiences with Digger...Plus, it is never a bad thing to love more animals! And Bettas are very addicting in a way. I got my first Betta, Abacus, about 5 months ago and now I have 7 tanks!
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:13 AM   #52 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
I know how you feel, I have a Dachshund named Digger who is now reaching 15 years old. It does make it a little easier to have another pet to love, it kind of reminds me of all my first experiences with Digger...Plus, it is never a bad thing to love more animals! And Bettas are very addicting in a way. I got my first Betta, Abacus, about 5 months ago and now I have 7 tanks!
Since I have Drax I'm not always worrying about Pepper now... I can simply enjoy both animals! Well of course I worry and help Pepper but I'm not as depressed as I was. So I enjoy helping her... even if it is abit upsetting having to carry your 75Lb Husky, Wrotty, Lab mix up and down the Back steps when she needs to go out. She can get down the steps but not back up because of her Arthritis. Which we give her alot of meds for and honestly thats all thats wrong with her so far. Otherwise she's a very happy old dog wouldnt be surprised if she breaks 17 haha.

XP as one person told me "DUDE! She's in pain! Put her down!"
She's ... not in pain... If she was in pain she wouldn't try to get up and follow you around the house for attention or shadow you around the kitchen when your cooking in the hopes of getting a treat haha.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:30 AM   #53 
Aluyasha

Digger has had some back problems (he is a dachshund after all). And yes, now he moves a bit slower and has to be lifted on the couch and up and down stairs. But you can tell by looking at him that he still enjoys life. Besides, just because an animal feels some aging pains that does not mean you have to put it down, I am sure that when I am elderly I will hurt too but I still would not want to die over it. :). It is great that Drax brings you happiness, It is like having a friend to help you with the difficult times in your life. And there is only more joyful things to look forward to! Btw, Drax is a very beautiful betta!
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote