Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #11 
nomoretickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I'm going to email the breeder...the CT he sent me died and now this...I'm done with importing bettas.
Wow if you got two sick bettas like that, it's sketchy. What symptoms do they have?... I'm hesitant to import one for these exact reasons, though I might go get one in person next year while I'm studying abroad. I'll be 3/4 of the way there already, why not?
nomoretickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

Karen WOW. He's only 8 weeks old? How do you get them to grow so fast? I'd definitely love to hear some of your secrets

Is that fry out of your BOS pair.. the greenish ones? I saw pictures of them on Better Bettas. They're gorgeous.

If I get anything decent out of my spawns I may enter some shows as a new breeder. I was hoping that the first time I showed fish I bred would be at the next GABBA show but things aren't looking so good for the club :(
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #13 
Martinismommy

This boy is out of this spawn.....I have an even amount of males and females........10 boys, 10 girls......PERFECT spawn.......My fish just grow quick.....Some say I give them growth hormones lol NOT true......I just do water changes daily as they are growing out and feed a lot.....

I'd LOVE to see you enter the new breeders class! If you start showing at the Golden State show in CA you can send them to me...I'll be very involved in that show.......

Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #14 
beat2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinismommy View Post
I'll be showing in the Spring......I have some amazing babies growing out.....Here is one of my 8 week old males out of one of my Best in Show males.......

Woah Karen! He's looking really nice. Are all the other fish from the spawn this size?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Karen WOW. He's only 8 weeks old? How do you get them to grow so fast? I'd definitely love to hear some of your secrets

Is that fry out of your BOS pair.. the greenish ones? I saw pictures of them on Better Bettas. They're gorgeous.

If I get anything decent out of my spawns I may enter some shows as a new breeder. I was hoping that the first time I showed fish I bred would be at the next GABBA show but things aren't looking so good for the club :(
Aww...I hope everything gets sorted out in the GABBA club.

Quote:
This boy is out of this spawn.....I have an even amount of males and females........10 boys, 10 girls......PERFECT spawn.......My fish just grow quick.....Some say I give them growth hormones lol NOT true......I just do water changes daily as they are growing out and feed a lot.....

I'd LOVE to see you enter the new breeders class! If you start showing at the Golden State show in CA you can send them to me...I'll be very involved in that show.......

Karen, when is the Golden State show? I'll most likely attend.
beat2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #15 
1fish2fish

Oh yeah.. that's the pair. I just loved that female

I'm definitely considering it :) I'll have to start reading up on showing and read over the standards again and what not. If I send anything to Golden Sate I'll definitely get in touch with you.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:15 PM   #16 
Martinismommy

They are all pretty much uniform in size and color......They look like clones of their parents......Jackie, she is an exceptional female......One of the best I've ever bred and she is a heck of a producer too........

The Golden State show is mid May 2011......
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #17 
TaylorW

Wow! Your female has such big fins that I momentarily mistook her for a male! She could pass as a HM Plakat male to an amateur! (like me :P)

What an amazing pair and such a beautiful babies! :)

Last edited by TaylorW; 12-04-2010 at 11:39 PM.
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:41 PM   #18 
shinybetta

Are you guys talking about the Golden State betta's club? I just joined.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #19 
MrVampire181

I plan on showing in new breeders class. I still need to do more research on that but I have the basic info down. I'm going to show probably the next generation of my blues....mom and dad are still young so I might respawn them for a 3rd time (2nd is complete fail......they look like 2 week olds even though they're 2 months.....1st spawn is a little small but developing nicely). A nice thing is that Linda Olson is about a 30 minuet drive from me (and another judge but I don't know him) ...definately a plus for breeding the perfect fish. But I dare not enter a multicolor HM male.....Karen would beat me :P
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #20 
MrVampire181

Quote:

I love these guys...I read the thread on Betta Breeders like 10 times :P
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote