Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #1 
baylee767

Unhappy Terrible day at the fish store...

I went to my LFS today and looked at the bettas. I'm so sad I couldn't get one !!!! There were pure white plakats, dragon rose tails, double tails, etc. Ones that caught my eye: A copper Double tail with white all around the edge of his fins, a blue dragon rose tail with red fins, a darker blue dragon rose tail with thick pectoral fins.

The copper was one of the most active Bettas I've ever seen in my life! The double tails are SUPER active! When I picked up his cup he zoomed around the thing and I bet that a double tail would be a jumper... All these Bettas were completely healthy and in crystal clear water and not bloated at all!!

It's sad, though. They were $20-$30 (They WERE basically aquabid-type Bettas) And my dad said no. I'm also saving for a sorority so I can't waste my cash now... speaking of which the store had 2 females living in a 10 gallon hex (Not very smart, but oh well) They were pretty young, but old enough. I want one! There was this blue one with white fins I NEED, and they were only like $3....
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #2 
TaylorW

I wish my pet store had such great quality bettas! You're lucky to have a place like that near you! :)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #3 
BlueHaven

Meh ~ It's hard not to get/want a pet when you see them in stores. I hope you find the ones you want when you do get them. Maybe you will find more like them. :)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #4 
crowntail lover

Youre lucky to have Pet Store that actually sale those type Bettas. All I have choose are VT and CT
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:50 AM   #5 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I dont have any LFS that have nice rare bettas -- the closest I get is petco which is hit and miss at best, and not always healthy.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote