Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #11 
darevrin43

ill be sure to cycle it.

Do you any of you buy your fish from different countries, on this aquabid site the best looking ones with the biggest fins seem to be from different countries that i have seen so far
darevrin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #12 
ashleyy

Just to be sure, make sure you don't clean his tank or decorations with soaps. I was guilty of that o_O.

When I'm on aquabid, I try not to click on the ones from out of the country. Only because I would hate for a fish to travel such a long distances. I agree, they are prettier. But there are some really nice ones from the states as well.
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #13 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by darevrin43 View Post
came back this mornin and he has passed away, i am very sad about this.. I tried my best to save him. Its my first fish i made a mistake of not acclimating him to a new heater. I will take more precautions on the next fish and make sure i take all the right steps everytime i do something for my fish.

I will probably go ahead and buy another, i only had this one for a week.

Where do you guys buy ur betta's?
Sorry about your loss. Every new fish hobbyist has made mistakes, trust me.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #14 
Creat

I try to shop from my LFS or i go into the large chain stores like petco and i ask when they get shipments in then you can show up on a day when they get new fish in and look for ones you might want those are usually cheaper plus the new shipments are normally healthier.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #15 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyy View Post
Just to be sure, make sure you don't clean his tank or decorations with soaps. I was guilty of that o_O.

When I'm on aquabid, I try not to click on the ones from out of the country. Only because I would hate for a fish to travel such a long distances. I agree, they are prettier. But there are some really nice ones from the states as well.
Should come to my PetSmart... Some of the Betta's were just... Stunning. They all need homes! If Drax keeps on trunkin for a few weeks (Till New Years) I plan on attempting a tank Separation and have a Sorority of females on one side haha what better way to keep a male Betta going then having some beautiful women for him to look at haha

And... sorry for your loss, I just hope that if something happens to Drax I keep going with this hobby and not just end it.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #16 
darevrin43

appreciate it everyone. I made sure to clean without using soaps and things like that.

I actually got my betta from the petsmart near me, it was the only one that really caught my eye. I have one on the other side of my desk now to which is my moms tank so when i come home and do my homework i can take care of hers to.

Ill keep a look out for some U.S betta's on aquabid but some of this from other countries are stunning
darevrin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #17 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by darevrin43 View Post
appreciate it everyone. I made sure to clean without using soaps and things like that.

I actually got my betta from the petsmart near me, it was the only one that really caught my eye. I have one on the other side of my desk now to which is my moms tank so when i come home and do my homework i can take care of hers to.

Ill keep a look out for some U.S betta's on aquabid but some of this from other countries are stunning
Petsmart, Petco, etc will have some beautiful ones as well. Just have to get lucky. Keep in mind their stock variety will change with each shipment. I seen some bettas sold by private breeders online for 15 to 25++ bucks each. Personally I wouldn't pay that much for a betta fish less I plan on breeding or taking it for show.

To each their own,
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #18 
vaygirl

We've ALL made mistakes. Sorry about your fishy. I'm glad you're trying again. Happy fish keeping :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote