Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #1 
DazzleKitty

Brought my third one home

I told myself I was done for now at two bettas. My two red crowntail males have given me lots of joy in the last month. I was in Wal-Mart tonight with my mom and I went to check out the pet department. I fell in love with a beautiful blue veil tale male and couldn't resist bringing him home. He's currently residing in my 1 gallon fishbowl until I get a new tank later this month. So now I have three bettas. One in a 2.5 gallon tank, one in a 1.75 gallon bowl, and now my new one in his 1 gallon bowl. I need to stop. There is no more room to bring anymore home. I am using up all my fish housing resources right now. But sometimes when you see sad fish at the store you want to bring them home and give them something a bit bigger and prettier to live in. I'm glad I got him. He's definitely braver than my other two. He doesn't seem to shy away from my finger in the water like my other two do. He's very cool and I think I will be very attached to him in no time. He's in my bedroom and the other two are in my kitchen. He's my new roommate, in a sense. ;)

Any of you others have trouble leaving them at the store? I was saving my third betta spot for a white betta from Petsmart. But I couldn't say no to this beautiful blue veil tail. My limit is three bettas. My focus will be on these three boys.

Just thought I'd share. I am hoping to upload some decent pics of them soon.
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #2 
TaylorW

Aww, my betta is a blue veil tail.... They are my favorites :)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #3 
JKfish

It's hard leaving them, but I alway say that if I don't have a proper set up ready and waiting, that I won't take them home, because that's not extremely responsible. For the most part it works, though I did break that rule once ;)

he sounds beautiful and full of character, I can't wait for pictures :D
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #4 
nomoretickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
It's hard leaving them, but I alway say that if I don't have a proper set up ready and waiting, that I won't take them home
thats the problem with having all these 10 gallons around in my room, spend $1.25 and i have a homemade divider and more room for more bettas.

congrats on the new guy, my first one was a blue veiltail... i just love em
nomoretickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #5 
Alex09

Not unless you already have a proper home ready and waiting. I think many people tend to anthropomorphize their pets.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #6 
Miharu
Banned

I think he sounds lovely! Would love to see some pictures of him!! Though I do agree it might not be the best idea to buy a new betta if you dont have a proper tank set up at home for him!
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #7 
danifacetastic

Instead of buying another tank for the new one why not just get a 10 gal and divide it? And I know...it's super hard. But there's no way I have room for ANY MORE bettas....but it's hard when you see such pretty ones at the store. I still want a red veil tail.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #8 
Miharu
Banned

Dividing a 10 gallon is a good idea!! Not too hard or expensive to do! And it looks really nice! The only worry is if one fish gets sick they all could...
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #9 
danifacetastic

Yeah just really watch for the warning signs and if one gets sick take him out and put him in one of the smaller tanks.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #10 
crowntail lover

I have this problem to the extreme! Everytime I visit the Betta section in my LPS's I end up bringing one home, maybe even two....(i have stopped visiting those sections..lol) But there has never been a time that I havent had a place to put them (im spoiled :D) .... So I guess its not that much of a problem.. :]

Last edited by crowntail lover; 12-05-2010 at 10:24 PM.
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote