Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #21 
scootshoot

Amazing job! /jealous
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:00 AM   #22 
darkangel216

Thanks! Just wish I could find out what's wrong with my wisteria. :/
darkangel216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #23 
darkangel216

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel216 View Post
So I have come across an odd problem. The wisteria I have in Hades' section seems to be deteriorating. I went to remove some leaves that had detached from the plant and when I touched the stalk of the plant it was not hard at all, in fact it was kinda gooey. This freaked me out, but after checking all of my other plants, it seems like it's the only one with issues. My anubias are fine, the anacharis is growing and I trimmed them for the first time tonight, the java ferns seem fine, and the marimo ball is still doing its thing. My fish are fine and active as well, and the snails are still moving around. So what's up with the wisteria? o.O
Anyone have any idea what's wrong with my wisteria?
Old 12-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #24 
wallywestisthebest333

That plant with the ancharis at the very left? It's not wisteria.
wisteria looks like this:

It looks kind of like a dandelion's leaves underwater. Or a fern.

The plant you have, it's leaves are round and a little spiky at the edges... it reminds me of the leaves on a rose. I'm not sure what it is. It might not be aquatic.

The best way to be sure you're getting 100% legit aquatic plants is to buy directly from a grower. =]

A great place to buy high quality plants from a reputable dealer (that sometimes throws in extras) is Planted Aquariums Central.

The woman that grows the plants is really dedicated and her customer service is top notch! =] I just bought from her and my plants are coming in on tuesday! =] You can get 6 whole stalks of Ancharis for only $2.89!

I see you already have some and it's a great plant! Really cleanses the water and in low light conditions too! =]

The best part about the site is that the owner is giving everyone who's on www.bettafish.com a 10% off dicount if you use the code BETTAFISH at checkout! :D (yes you need to type it in all-caps. =])

Shipping was only $8.00 for me! =] I'm not sure if it's a flat rate though. I know that she expidites all of her packages so it's always 2-3 days for shipping. =]

My entire order was about $25.00 but I bought Water Sprite, Ancharis, Java Fern, and Anubia Coffeefolia(that was the expensive plant! >n< But it's SOOOO gonna be worth it! <3 So pretty! <3). And when I ordered I don't think I got the discount. =]

If you ordered just a few fast growing plants like Didiplis diandra(another great value plant! You get 10 stems for only $2.89 :D), Water Sprite, Ancharis (again this is a great value plant! :D), and actual Wisteria then your bill would be lower and you'd be good to go. =] Also YOU can get the discount so you can take 10% off of your purchase. =]

Also if you have the cash I recommend Creeping Jenny. =] It looks so pretty! <3

But yeah. I suspect the plant is not actually aquatic. I could be wrong though. But I know FOR SURE that it's not Wisteria. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:27 AM   #25 
darkangel216

Well crap. That really pisses me off, because Petsmart has it listed as wisteria. I noticed it looked different from pictures I've seen after I put it in, I figured it was a different kind of wisteria like there are different types of anubias. Well the guy I talked to today told me the one I had needed more light, so I moved it to an area of the tank that gets more light. I'll see how it does over the next few days, if it doesn't get better then it's getting chucked. Thanks for the info wallywestisthebest333. :)
Old 12-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #26 
darkangel216

Lots o' Pics :)

Tank update with pics! Got Boreas' section pretty much done, so now he's in the tank as well. Had to lower the water level a bit until the anacharis grows more, cause Hades and Boreas could see each other much more at the top. The plants in Spock's section are growing nicely, one looks like it grew inches over night. I found my final boy for the tank, I need to put more stuff in his section first, though I did put him in for a few minutes so I could get him to flare and see what exactly he is. Spock was not amused. :P
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #27 
danifacetastic

Those fish are absolutly gorgeous!!
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #28 
darkangel216

Quote:
Originally Posted by danifacetastic View Post
Those fish are absolutly gorgeous!!
Thank you! :)
Old 12-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #29 
wallywestisthebest333

No prob! =]

:D It looks like you got some actual Wisteria for that side of the tank now! :D Congrats. =] And yep. Ancharis will do that for you (or so I'm told. :P).

OMG YOUR BOYS ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! D: <3

That new boy looks like a perfect proportioned rosetail halfmoon! D: The colors are a mixed bag but I LOVE them and I think they add to his charm! <3 He looks Purple! <3

Congrats on your tank and boys! =]

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 12-12-2010 at 04:36 PM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #30 
darkangel216

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
No prob! =]

:D It looks like you got some actual Wisteria for that side of the tank now! :D Congrats. =] And yep. Ancharis will do that for you (or so I'm told. :P).

OMG YOUR BOYS ARE GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! D: <3

That new boy looks like a perfect proportioned rosetail halfmoon! D: The colors are a mixed bag but I LOVE them and I think they add to his charm! <3 He looks Purple! <3

Congrats on your tank and boys! =]
Thanks wallywestisthebest333! :)

Actually I haven't gotten any wisteria yet, the one I think you're talking about is lace java fern.

Yeah, new guy is really purple looking, which is why I grabbed him. He was sold to me as a delta, so when he flared at Spock and I saw that he was a halfmoon, I was very happy. :)