Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #1 
ashleyy

Rapid Gill Movements

I got a betta from Petco on December 1st. He was very active in the store... but when I brought him home.... I dropped him. On the rug :/

Now he has been lethergic ever since -- nothing like how he was in the pet store. I've been doing a teaspoon of epsom salt per gallon and the temp is at 80. I'm changing the water every day.

He doesn't really swim around unless he is getting air. I have gotten him to eat 2 blood worms, one flake, and a chip of a sun dried baby shrimp. And I must add that he made a massive poopy this morning haha!

He has constant rapid gill movements. He looks like he is panting all the time. He goes up to breathe a normal amount. Not any different from my other betta.

His water params are perfect, and the water is being changed every day with a smooth temperature transfer. (I've gotten so good that when I put the heater in it turns green within a few seconds )

What should I do for this guy? I feel horrible that he is struggling.

Thank you
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

It sounds to me like you're doing everything you can for him. Accidents happen. I knocked one of mine on the floor once and he was ok.Good luck with him.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote