Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2010, 05:26 AM   #1 
small fry

Legit price for US to US betta shipping?

Hello!

I love looking at aquabid. They have the most amazing bettas! Such a varity. The only problem is...if I want a betta that cost $5, I have to buy $30 shipping. Is this the price for convinience??

I know we have some good betta breeders on this site. I was wondering how much it cost to ship healthy betta across the US. I would really like to breed HM, but I just can't afford $60 worth of shipping for 2 fish from 2 breeders.
small fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #2 
leeb62

You could wait until it gets warmer that way you can do priority shipping and a breeder who has a female and male for you this way you will save alot. Priority only cost around $15.
leeb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #3 
small fry

Would they ship the pair for $15, or was is that indiviual?
Old 12-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #4 
leeb62

Yes, most breeder would ship the male and female for around $15 bucks if your buying from one. But if your buying from two different breeder that would be $30 total.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #5 
small fry

Thanks!

Is there anything specific I should look for when I pruchase a betta online? Anything I need to know that doesn't always come up on the page?

I want to get a pair about 3 months old, and keep them for a few months before they breed. What age should I introduce them?
Old 12-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #6 
leeb62

What you should check for is their comments review. Make sure people are saying good things about the seller before you buy. Not sure about the age but you can google that up. You can also ask the seller question before you bid on their auctions that way you can find out more information about the betta your bidding on.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #7 
small fry

Thanks! I'll probably wait 'til its cooler so I don't have to pay double for shipping.

Y'all've been very helpful! (Texas conjuction "Y'all've" means, "you all have" daily language converastion in Texas)
Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #8 
bettalover2033

i would say around 4.5 months old. If your are breeding try breeding before a year old because thats kind of past their breeding prime and they can produce deformities and their fry are usually weaker than they are supposed to be.

So good luck. Also i would recommended the breeder on AB "the_k" is his name. He is very professional and efficient. i bought two fish from him during the summer and they came within 2 days, but since the weather temp is cold, there would have to be express.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #9 
small fry

I'll be looking! Thanks for the breeder recomendation! It is nice to know you can trust the person to do there best to make a good shipment!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #10 
leeb62

the_k has some nice turquoise hmpk.