Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #11 
bettalover2033

Yup i agree. i have a turquoise green HMPK and he is just stunning!:)
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:01 PM   #12 
Learn To Fly

Haha I second that. You can see mine, though he's marbled to solid now, in one of my albums. Also Mr. Vamp will recommend the_K without doubt. He's got a brother of mine :) (though I think he got the better breeder lol)
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #13 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn To Fly View Post
Haha I second that. You can see mine, though he's marbled to solid now, in one of my albums. Also Mr. Vamp will recommend the_K without doubt. He's got a brother of mine :) (though I think he got the better breeder lol)
i have one of your brothers.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #14 
MrVampire181

I third the reccomendation. the_K is one of my favorite American breeders....the gorgeous guy in my avatar is from him and my 27 juvenile fish are bred from the_K's stock...he's having a sale now (I think...not sure if it's still going) since he's moving....he has great packing, great service and an awesome reputation.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #15 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn To Fly View Post
I think I did too....wanna trade lol...this guy won't quit ...I might spawn him again...and again :P
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:53 AM   #16 
small fry

Is there anyway to search by specific breeder on AB?
small fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #17 
BettaJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by small fry View Post
Is there anyway to search by specific breeder on AB?
type in the username in the search box. go to the tab. and choose by username seller only.

-and i would breed before 1year, but after 3 months.
BettaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #18 
small fry

I couldn't figure out how to choose by username seller only. I typed in the_k in the search box but no results popped up.

Can someone go to AB and see if the_k is still selling bettas, and then post the link to the seller on this thread? This guy sounds like a very reputable dealer!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #19 
Dragonlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by small fry View Post
Hello!

I love looking at aquabid. They have the most amazing bettas! Such a varity. The only problem is...if I want a betta that cost $5, I have to buy $30 shipping. Is this the price for convinience??

I know we have some good betta breeders on this site. I was wondering how much it cost to ship healthy betta across the US. I would really like to breed HM, but I just can't afford $60 worth of shipping for 2 fish from 2 breeders.
$30 for express shipping is very reasonable to ship bettas across the US. I never understood why express shipping cost so much until I shipped some fish myself. Priority shipping is cheaper at $15, but most sellers will not guarantee fish shipped priority. Perhaps there is a good reason.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #20 
small fry

I am sure $30 is a good price for shipping. I just can't afford that kind of shipping while I am still working on my 55g tetra tank. It isn't that I am upset at the seller or anything like that, I know it is expensive to ship fish. I was just asking if there was a cheaper way.

I found the_k 's auctions. Very beautiful marble HMPK! If it were warmer, there would probably be a shipment of them going to Texas!

Are there any other dealers that anyone would like to recomend? I am looking for different kinds of betta (I am especially looking for an orange HM).

Thanks!