Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #1 
wallywestisthebest333

Question Plant suggestions?

I'm buying my plants now and because a lot of the plants I'm buying come in bunches of 4 or 5 I can't buy a ton of different kinds.

I'm buying from Planted Aquariums Central because of all the stellar reviews that it's gotten. =]

So far my shopping cart contains:

Ancharis
Wisteria
Anubias Coffeefolia (<3)
and Java Fern.

I thought I'd have a pretty decent color variety since 2 are light colored and 2 are dark.

I'd like a little more variety though as it's the spice of life and I like things spicy. :P

So can anyone recommend a favorite plant? =]

Anything you can't imagine your tank lacking now that you have it? =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #2 
Alex09

Hygrophelia Corymbosa Stricta. It was my favorite plant back when I had my tank planted. Its absolutely gorgeous. its a pretty fast grower too.

You can also buy some apongeton bulbs from walmart for real cheap. They will make good background plants.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #3 
wallywestisthebest333

OMG YOUR CORRIES ARE TOO CUTE! <3 What kind are they? :D

And sweet! =] Does the Hygrophelia Corymbosa Stricta need root tabs or is it fine without enriched substrate? =]

Because I'm really poor right now! XD So the less I have to spend on fertilization the better! XD
Old 12-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #4 
Creat

I love cryptocoryne's of any kind they usually do great with minimal care but my absolute favorite happens to be lilies. I got one from a friend once who gave up on it and I threw it into one of my old tanks and with adequate light and just Flourish Excel the thing took over the whole tank. My favorite lily is Nymphaea daubenyana cause it doesn't need bright light to stay a lovley shade of red.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #5 
wallywestisthebest333

Thank you! =] I actually just finished checking out. =] I stayed with my original list as I think I'll buy some more lilly bulbs and an assorted bulb pack from walmart when I get home. =]

I'll also buy the Hygrophelia Corymbosa Stricta from the site I just purchased from now once I get some Christmas money! =]
Old 12-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #6 
Creat

XD I love planted tanks once I got my first few I never went back to fake ones
Old 12-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #7 
wallywestisthebest333

I have the feeling that I'll be the same way. :P And since all the plants I got are fast growers I don't think I'll have room anyway. XD

I can't wait till they get here!!!! <3 I LOVE the site! Everyone says the lady that runs it is super wonderful! The plants are rumored to be top quality and shipped well. =]

I'd have ordered a set of 3 marimo balls for luck but they're so expensive and the set of 3 are small. :/ Oh well. I'll just order after Christmas. =] lol.

Anyone got a favorite color of gravel? I need more gravel for my 2 gallon and I can't decide what color it should be. XD
Old 12-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #8 
Alex09

I like natural colored gravel. But its up to you. Those are Julie cories :P I actually got my hygrophelia at petco. It came in one of those tubes labeled as "compacta" it was $3.99 for 4-5 stems. It is one of the few true aquatics sold in the tubes. I never used root tabs for them, just a liquid fert.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #9 
Creat

I gave up on gravel I used to use a dark natural color cause it makes the fish brighten up their colors. Now I use black sand in all my tanks I just love it but it was so expensive :(
Old 12-09-2010, 06:18 PM   #10 
wallywestisthebest333

Wow! :D Sounds awesome! So I changed my mind and meant to buy Watersprite instead of Wisteria and she changed my order for me at no charge! :D Even though the Watersprite costs $0.30 more! :D

SHE EVEN GAVE ME A DISCOUNT CODE TO SHARE WITH EVERYONE ON BETTAFISH.COM!!!

The code is BETTAFISH (yes in all-caps. :P)

So if anyone is thinking of buying more plants I'd shop at Planted Aquariums Central! =]

Tags
plants, recommendations