Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #1 
FuulieQ

Unhappy Still Bloated

Well, I moved Freedy into his hospital tank a couple days ago. I've still seen no poo, and he's very bloated. I've given him daphnia twice and a pea once over the past two weeks, and still nothing.

His scales don't appear to be pineconing... I've already got a high dose of epsom salts in the water... temps are at high 70's, water change every other day... I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions? It hurts to see him like this. Moving him into the smaller hospital tank has really depressed him.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

How is he acting and can you post a pic?

QT is bare bottom right?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #3 
Miharu
Banned

Would you be able to post a picture of him? Is he acting lethargic or normal? Any color loss?
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #4 
FuulieQ

I can post a pic, just a minute - I've been drafted to make spaghetti.

Yes, QT is bare bottom, although some snails hitchhiked in there and are pooping all over it as snails will. I do have a clump of java moss for him to sit in or hide behind, since he gets scared without adequate cover.

He's been depressed like I mentioned since I pulled him out of his big tank. He sulks at the surface in his corner and still has faint stress stripes from transfer and water changes. When I came in today he mustered the energy for a "feed me" dance, after which he promptly sank to the bottom and sulked more.

Previous to my moving him, he still flitted around more or less like usual, although the bloat is visibly uncomfortable.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #5 
FuulieQ

Here, sorry if they're huge -
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #6 
Oldfishlady

It is hard for me to tell much by the pic....but does the bulge look to be the same on both sides when you look down on him-if he hasn't pooped in 2 weeks-could be a blockage and hard to say from what/why...another thought is a tumor. internal parasites...again hard to say.....what you are doing is all I know to do....maybe look into internal parasite treatment-I don't use OTC products so I can't advise, sorry....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #7 
FuulieQ

That's alright. I do have some anti-parasite treatments on hand, so maybe I'll soak one in garlic and try to get him to eat it... don't think he will, but it's worth a shot.

It's weird, sometimes it looks symmetrical to me, and sometimes it looks uneven.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #8 
FuulieQ

Bump to see if anyone else has any suggestions... I don't want to lose the little guy, but nothing has worked...
Old 12-11-2010, 01:51 AM   #9 
sayurasem

what happen if its the belly does not look symmetrical from bird view?
cuz sometimes my betta's stomach is bigger left side / right side from top view.
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #10 
FuulieQ

You might want to start a different thread for that question. You'll get more responses.