Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #11 
Miharu
Banned

Did you give him a parasite treatment? I think theres definitely a blockage of some sort! Try adding a disolving de wormer into the water (make sure to follow dosage instructions) How often are you doing water changes? I would make sure his water stays crystal clean, keep adding the epsom salt as well.

I once had a betta with a bad bacterial infection in his head, it was all swollen, poor thing. I was told to put a warm damp wash cloth over the top to keep it extra humid in the tank, you can also put plastic wrap over the top of the tank to achieve the same effect. It really helped to bring the swelling down. I know hes bloated and not swollen but it still might help, and it won't hurt!
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #12 
FuulieQ

Thanks! I've been trying to get my hands on some for about a week, but it's hard to find the stuff that works on internal parasites, there's been horrid weather, and I'm getting a lot of flack and resistance from family members for spending so much time and money on him already. It's difficult, he looks so sad and I want him healthy... All I can do is keep trying, I guess.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #13 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
Thanks! I've been trying to get my hands on some for about a week, but it's hard to find the stuff that works on internal parasites, there's been horrid weather, and I'm getting a lot of flack and resistance from family members for spending so much time and money on him already. It's difficult, he looks so sad and I want him healthy... All I can do is keep trying, I guess.
They wouldn't be giving you flack for it if it were a cat or a dog. That's sad. I'm sorry. =(
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #14 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
They wouldn't be giving you flack for it if it were a cat or a dog. That's sad. I'm sorry. =(
No, they wouldn't. In fact, we have quite the ailing dog at the moment who gets the best care possible. But fish aren't important, it's JUST a fish, easily replaceable. And every time I go out to get stuff for him or ask someone to pick meds up to try and help him, it's like the air in the house goes sour and everyone's dispositions go bad in seconds. It frustrates me.

/rant
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote