Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2010, 02:32 AM   #11 
baylee767

I'm most certainly adding anacharis to my tanks! They sell it cheap, it usually requires nothing more than fish poop to survive, and it grows in even bad lighting! It's also supposed to be great for the ammonia/nitrites/nitrates levels and will speed up my cycling, and it's sold in most pet stores (I've seen it in mine, cheap.) If anyone has any advice and/or expirience with this plant, please tell me!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #12 
wallywestisthebest333

I just bought some ancharis online so I'll tell you how it works out once I have it. =]

I've heard that it's a brilliant plant though and should do well for you! =]

So you get indirect sunlight in your room right? As long as you keep the blinds slightly open all the time then you'll be good. =]

If you don't get indirect sunlight then you can go to Lowes, Home Depot, or any other hardware store that sells light bulbs and look for a Daylight CFL (twirly/spiral bulb).
Look for something of about 10 watts. Or you could go to Wal-mart and look in the aquarium section. =] I found a screw-in cfl plant bulb (though it's shaped more like a REALLY narrow rainbow) in the fish section and It worked great for my Anubias back when I had one in summer. =]

This is simply if you'd like to expand on the kinds of plants in your aquarium though. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #13 
celine18

umm...im trying to remember what your questions were....im really ready for the weekend....siigh

i've had anacharis i got at petsmart. it died. idk why. it sorta melted away...

yea, id try to stop the temp flucs, they sound kinda harsh. and i think 79 is good. was there anything i missed?
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote