Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #11 
jrad4real

That tank looks pretty good. Make sure you get a heater too.
jrad4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #12 
akjadestar

Yeah heaters are really important, more important than filters even...
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #13 
JaspersANGEL

That tank is too small, I wouldn't say that the 2.5g minimum is there only because some member's find it hard to keep up with the required 100% water changes in small tanks, but it think it's also there for the happiness of the fish.

Those plants look sharp too..I would not keep them!

But on a nicer note the stones were nice and the fish is really cute!

I have two of those Aquaeon 2.5g tanks and I love them! Ur fish will love the space too!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #14 
Fawnleaf

I think your tank is really cute!!

However, fish are still pets and pets need the proper care, even if pet stores do not explain things to customers.

I use 3 gallon Petco Pet Keepers. Mine was... maybe 17 dollars. And my heaters were 18 dollars, plus all the decorations. I know it seems like a lot to spend on, A FISH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, but it's not a decoration, it's a pet. Most people think bettas are boring because they don't move. Do you know why? Because most people give them less than a gallon of swimming room and 60 degree temps. But with proper environments, they actually swim around and are fun to watch! You can even train them to do stuff, too!!
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #15 
fflores

I guess i forgot to point it out before...

See behind the palm tree in the foreground... that black cable that comes down to a what looks like a black cylinder? that is a submersible heater

this one to be exact

Temp has been 78 since the day i got him..
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #16 
dragonfair

Welcome fflores! Regardless of what everyone is saying about the space, it's obvious you care about your little guy and are taking good care of him. Not everyone can have the perfect 2.5+ gal, heated filtered set-up. Your tank is lovely. Do you have a name for him yet?
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #17 
bettafish15

So glad hes got a heater! He looks so similar to my betta, just without the iridicent blue :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #18 
TaylorW

I love your small tank, it's very nicely designed! It will be a pain in the butt to up keep but as long as you can keep up with the water changes and heating it will be fine... Is it a 1 gallon tank? If it is, that should be alright.

I do prefer my 2.5 gallon tank though since Victor enjoys the space and I enjoy less maintenance... If I wasn't always so busy I would love to try to maintain a tank like yours! Maybe put a snail and some live plants in it XD
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #19 
Alex09

Kinda small. I would at least get a 1 or 1.5 gal tank. Judging from the proportions of your fish, that tank doesnt even look like a gallon. Besides hygene, you also have to take into consideration that in such a small space the fish will quickly get bored and stressed out. This can lead to tail-biting, neurotic behavior, and disease. I would watch that heater if I were you. Those have a bad reputation for cooking your fish if you don't closely monitor the temperature.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #20 
fflores

As i said here below

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflores View Post
Thats what i had read from a lot of different places... Just didn't take into account how to do water changes while at work... Maybe i'll just go and get a 2.5 gallon filter tank....

something like this

Was going to do it tomorrow, but was sick and didn't go to work, and then have to deal with someone smashing my garage door which i had to then have replaced to the tune of $600 today...

Regardless of what i end up getting for a tank, it will have to be small because it is on my desk at work. I have no interest at this time in having a fish at home so i'll only get something that will be easy to keep and not be a hassle to maintain at work
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote