Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #1 
Panthera

Sorority Journal

Hey guys, well its finally time for me to post a thread about my Sorority. I don't have everything read yet, but I figured it'll be a journal, so you can see how it comes along and when I get the new girls. I got $120 to spend on supplies and fish, and my moms picking me up tonight and we're going to Petco AND Petsmart :D

I already have 3 Girls for the sorority. 2 are sick, and 1 is so small she probably won't end up in the Sorority until she gets bigger, so I'm probably going to get 4 or 5 new girls tonight. Can't wait! Petco has so many different types, Delta's, Halfmoons, VT's (which I have 3, so no more), even Double tails! Well here are picks of the 3 girls I currently have, the newest 2 have Bacterial infections, My dad bought them for me and obviously couldn't tell they were sick. But I'm getting some Maracyn and Maracyn II tonight, so hopefully that and some freshwater will cure them.

Lyra:

Sadira:

Pyxis:

Pyxis is the sickest one, I just got her to eat 1 pellet this morning after 2 days. But hopefully she'll heal :3 I'll update tonight with the pics of the new girls + A pic of the sorority when I decorate it!
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #2 
CrankyFish84

Ohhhh I can't wait to see the final result ! I hope they all perk up soon too with some TLC.
Hope none of them are too big bullies!!
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #3 
Miharu
Banned

I love this!! I'm going to start setting up a sorority this weekend as well! Maybe I'll start a journal too! Good luck and I cant wait to see the new bettas you get!
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #4 
Panthera

Update:

Well I'm back from the pet stores and everyone's settling in, yes I got 3 new females tonight! I was thinking about 5 when I set out, but when I went to Petco, I was just astonished at how small the females were. They look barley even 2 months old, and a lot of them weren't moving. I did find two really pretty CT's there though, one that's kind of a small brownish color with speckled dots of iridescence. I also found a bright aqua blue sparkly CT, that was really cute. They're both small compared to the others, but I think they'll grow some before the sorority is ready.

I then went to Petsmart with only $50 left. (Hint: Silk plants cost a BUNCH!) I wanted a lot more stuff then I was able to afford, I didn't realize heaters were so expensive - -" So I got a big tree stump thing and a rock cave for the sorority, as well as a heater. I then went to the bettas *hee hee*. A lot of the males looked in bad shape. The water wasn't even half full, and I told the employee about it and she started changing the water. Some females were okay, but one was massively bloated (and dead). I saw the last female that was there way in the back, and I pulled her out. She was a dark iridescent blue color, and was swimming circles around her cup and splashing water. I got her.

So here I am with 6 females now :D Lyra, Pyxis, Sadira, and the 3 new girls who have yet to be named ;) I'll try and get pics for yall tomorrow, seeing as my camera needs new batteries and I want the girls to settle in first to color up a bit. They didn't have Maracyn or Maracyn 2 that I wanted, but I got Prime and some Bettafix, so hopefully that along with Water changes should do it. Pics tomorrow! As well as names ;)
Old 12-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #5 
Sweeda88

Man, I want a Sorority so badly! The only thing is, all I have is a 5 gallon tank available. GRRR.... I WISH I had a 10...
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #6 
Miharu
Banned

Yay!!! I can't wait to see pictures of the new girls!! Tomorrow Im going to go to petco and look for females for my sorority!

What size tank are you using for your sorority??
Miharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #7 
nomoretickets

6 girls is the best for a 10. Some say 4 is the minimum but after my attempt at a 4 girl tank I wouldn't try anything less then 6
nomoretickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #8 
Dragonlady

Good luck! The more hiding places and plants you have will increase your chances of a happy tank. Anything less than 4 girls to a tank added at the same time is a mistake.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #9 
danifacetastic

I would love to start a sorority someday.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #10 
Panthera

Okay so here are pics of the new girls :3 I took a lot lol I have all 3 in a 5 gallon. The two CT's are so small I figured I'd put them together. If they do start fighting though its no problem to take one out, I'll watch carefully. The small light-blue one I named Gemini. The darkish-red one I named Umbriel, and the big blue one I named Hydra. Keeping the star theme ;)

Pyxis and Sadira are also doing much better. I got a heating pad so hopefully that will help with them getting better and they wont be so cold. So what do ya think? It'll probably be at LEAST a week until the sorority is ready, the tank is taking so frickin long to cycle. And I did by all the decorations, but those are the ones in the new divided tank lol. I'll put them back in when the tank is cycled.

Gemini:

Umbriel:

Hydra: (Couldn't get much of her, aint the biggest fan of cameras)

The Tank:

So what do you guys think? I love my girls so much, I can't wait until they're all together :3. I really hope they get along :P