Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #1 
Jupiter

New boy!

My room was getting quite lonely without Janus around! Still miss the little guy...

Anyway, had an exam early morning so I have the rest of the day off...decided to head to the store that fleetfish got her very handsome copper HM from since they were selected from a breeder in Montreal.

I was quite impressed with the store! The bettas were healthy and active and the guy who was working in the fish section knew a lot more than the average Petsmart employee...like bettas thrive in warm water...and that small containers need frequent weekly water changes! Whoa! Lol.

Told myself that 'I don't NEED to buy a fish today', but I ended up with one anyway!

He's a pretty big stocky guy with a funny face... He's a BF...think he might be a Rosetail...his colour is sort of lavender/copper and red. Dunno, I can't really distinguish it right now because I have the lights off in his tank so he doesn't freak out too much. He'll probably brighten up a bit anyway. He's got white lipstick, which I'm a sucker for.

He took to his tank right away though! He's currently exploring it thoroughly, and came to flare for the camera too. Seems like a fiesty guy.

Will show you some pictures at the end of next week when I go home. The bandwith's close to the limit here, and I'm already paying the guy extra as is.

Anyway, just wanted to share the good news! Gonna go study for my exam tomorrow, so if you see me back yell at me to get off or something, lol.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #2 
Ethan

sounds like you have a awesome bettas will you get some pics when you have the time of your hands?
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #3 
fleetfish

Oh awesome you got him! It was either him or Quicksilver. Too cool, lol :D
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

He sounds beautiful!! Good luck with your exam.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #5 
Jupiter

Yeah, it was him and the red HM breeding pair and a white/red boy...not sure if there was more when you went there.

I've been trying to get some pictures, but he is pretty hard! he keeps twisting and stuff...it's a shame, he was flaring really nicely too. He's got really nice fins! Fingers crossed that they remain this nice LOL.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote