Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #1 
BETTACHKALOVE

need help please

One of my betta sick already for about 3 month. He is in 2.5 gall,i increase temp from 74-76*.

He don't have any behavior symptoms. He eating very well, very active, making bubble nest all the time. The only symptoms he has it white kind of like slime on fins. I was thinking it like body flem.

First about 2.5-3 month ago i treated him with Tetracycline API mixed together with Fungus Eliminator by Jungle because this mixed of medications were very helpful before with other fish with a few different symptoms. And it helped him at the beginning. But in a wk he got it again.

Then I gave him Fungus cure and it helped him too,but he got it again in a few days after I end the treatment.

Then I did 10 days Aquarium salt with 50% every day water change.
Then I change 100%. All the time that I was doing salt treatments it worked for him. I could see that flem (mucus) less and less. After 100% water change u couldn’t see any think on a body. So I decided to skip one day . And today in the morning he got more of flem on his fins and one of the gill and under his mouth .

I think during the salt treatments and 50% change he kind of get it on some parts of the body and then it after water change it became less, and then it on and off. For example one time he had something on his gil it king of slime,,,cottony,,white something hanging out of body and after water change it became less of it …

I actually want to try Indian Almond Leaves. I found one site today I will order them. If any one need it the phone # to the site 515-283-0300.Also the guy I talk to today was very helpful he also listen me and answered my questions. And he told me that I can call for advice.

I wanted to use 3tsp of aquarium salt but I kind of afraid. I decided ALMOND LEAVES.

Also did anyone have any suggestions about PIMAFIX OR MELAFIX? I know it can be mixed together.

I was thinking can fish have like people something chronic. Can his flem be chronic?

Like people sinuses problems?
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Can you post a pic that would help us a lot....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #3 
BETTACHKALOVE

Sorry i can't . All i have old fashion camera. I am ambarased i don't know how to do it. I can try to do it with cellphone. But it will take me long time. I will probably have to go and buy some cord or take pcts with cell phone mail to my e-mail and someone at work can help me to do it. But it will take time.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #4 
BETTACHKALOVE

I want to add something about where to order IAL. The phone # i gave were to order Indian Almond Leaves if anyone ever need it speak to Mike.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #5 
BETTACHKALOVE

I took the pict.with my cell phone camera but i can't see anything on the picture. I change 100% yesterday and i gave him Melafix mixed with Pimafix. And i am waiting for Indian Almond Leaves . I hope i will get them soon then i want to change 100% and add Leaves.

I am wondering if any one ever used Melafix or Pimafix?