Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #11 
FuulieQ

Great essay! But just so you know... anacondas aren't fish. ;)
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #12 
britnyjackson

Wonderful essay! I couldn't agree with u more. I have several fish and its one of the most magical things to see them in their "natural" environment thriving! I love my babies and wouldn't trade them for anything! I love them as much as I do my dog and cat.
Posted via Mobile Device
britnyjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #13 
Luimeril

i totally agree with you. i get told that often, whenever one of my babies is ill, or has fin issues, or has died. "it's just a stupid fish". not to me. it was a unique soul, a being that i cared for and loved. it was my child, my baby. it wasn't just a fish to me.

when Weiss died, i was told that. i wanted to rip the head off anyone who told me that. Weiss wasn't "just a fish". he was my little prince, my baby. i felt horrible, because i didn't know what was making him ill. i cried every time he'd wiggle at me, because i knew it drained him to do so. when he finally passed, it took me over a week to type up a long "RIP" entry on him, because i couldn't belive my little white prince was gone. my family told me "it's just a fish", and i glared at them.

when i opened a package i thought contained a trio of red cherry shrimp, a divider, and a small ball of java moss, i was shocked to see a little bitty betta fry, hiding in the moss, looking up at me with those big eyes. i cried out of joy and surprise. my friend had given me a gift, and i guarded her like a wolf guards its pup. he was my princess(though at the time i didn't know her gender), and watched her grow up, from the speck that lived in the moss, to the stunning HMPK princess she is today. every few days, i'd take photos, documenting her growth. when i saw her bitty ventrils, i was excited and estatic. when she got that stunning green sheen on her creamy body, i jumped for joy. when i was able to tell her gender, words can't express how happy i was to have Chappy Belle. to many, she may be just a fish, but to me, she's a child i've raised from a month-old baby, to the five or six month old princess i have today.

people can tell me "why cry over it? it's just a fish." but i'll always correct them. "he/she wasn't 'just a fish' to me. he/she was my baby. how'd you like it, if i told you 'why cry? it's just a dog.' when your dog dies?".
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #14 
Creat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
Great essay! But just so you know... anacondas aren't fish. ;)
ha ha I ment arowana lol thanks for catching that :p

Luimeril that is such a cute story I loved it :) Thats amazing and the sweetest thing ever
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #15 
Luimeril

thank you. everyone in my house, and most of my friends, think i'm stupid for loving my bettas like i do, but they don't understand. lol they've never gotten a betta and had it last more than a few days. Xd lol i freaked out when Chappy suddenly started marbling away her dragon scales. i thought i'd done something wrong! maybe i pamper her too much? xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #16 
snozmail

I find my aquarium is like its own little world of fishy personalitys, actions and stories I can get lost in and forget about being a person
snozmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #17 
HayrideHaunter

I'll tell ya...the "its just a fish" thing was my state of mind for a very long time...until I bought my little Marblemonster!

My sweet, feisty little crowntail has gotten me through some very difficult times...cheered me up by flaring when I had a really hard night (i live in a dorm at my college for the school year and I tend to have veeeeery stressful, long days)...Marbles even helped me make a very good friend...she got a betta just after I bought Marbles...and it gave us a reason to talk to each other...now i'm a little less lonely, a heck of a lot happier, and warm inside every time I look at this little guy. Biggest personality, healthy boy, and if he ever gets sick I might die!

Awesome stories =)
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #18 
laughing

People do think they are a decoration.

I will tell you, my little girl always wiggles at me. She sits at her tank and stares head on and wiggles, her little fins wiggling. When I sit on the couch she zooms right over! She is such a derp, too ;3

My male has an extremely different personality!

How can people get a fish tank and just not care? I love going to the pet store and watch all the tetras and guppies... you can just picture them talking to one another...

I feel like with fish, I am let into a part of a whole different secret world.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #19 
Creat

Ha ha I love that name Marblemonster !
and @laughing i always think that fish can be a great decoration or accent to a room but what gets me is when they are purely decoration i have known people to go into a fish store with color swatches to match somehow that really gets on my nerves.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #20 
HayrideHaunter

@Creat: haha! thank you...my boy's name is actually Marbles...but I call him a variety of nicknames including Marblemonster, Flarybutt, Mister Marbles, etc XD
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
essay, fish