Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #11 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
also i fill my aquarium almost full (above the black plastic rounding of the aquarium)

That's fine, BUT on a lot of tanks (especially acrylic) if the water gets in under the top strip it acts like a siphon for some reason and you will have water running out of the tank.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #12 
sayurasem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
That's fine, BUT on a lot of tanks (especially acrylic) if the water gets in under the top strip it acts like a siphon for some reason and you will have water running out of the tank.
o... my water tank is glass
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #13 
Alex09

To be on the safe side I would lower the water to at least just a little below the black rim. I have the same filter as you and I did this. More aesthetic (for me anyways) and just as good as baffling. Only you cant really adjust the flow. But the higher your water level the gentler the trickle.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #14 
DormDrax

Drax seems to be getting used to the 'Death' Current and the 'DEATH' suction zone from my Penguin 100 filter. I have plastic on the Suction covering about 70% of the thing yet it still spits out a current. He seems to be calmer with it off but at the same time I think he likes the water movement.

I've been hearing things about using upsidedown cups and such to encourage bubble nests... cuz half of the tank is calm but still enough movement to possible disrupt a bubble nest.

*Flails*

I want to know if he's happy!
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote