Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #1 
Betta Slave

Humphrey's Tale

A story about Humphrey, my giant boy, and my baby X3 <3

This is just out of boredom. I'm not the best writer- I haven't had a lot of practice... haven't written in a week or so...

Yeah. Ending's not that great but I'm not great at endings, so that's my excuse.

Chapter One

The world was bleary and dim. Monstrous drops of water fell from the sky and spattered my cup, which was now full of excess food and gunk.
I wondered how it had gotten this way… how life had gotten this way. Before, when I was much smaller, I had lived in a one gallon, that was heated, and had some of the water changed daily, and I was cared for.

Not now.

I’ve been stuck in this cup for a good four months now. The water’s never changed, only added; and even then it’s either freezing cold or scalding hot, and I always get a shock. It’s a wonder I’m not sick yet… most of my brothers and sisters have come down with fin rot, or ich, at least… but then the majority of them have died, and have been left to rot away into nothing. But I’m… I’m fine, as fine as I can be, in a disgusting little cup that I can barely move in.

So now I’ve been placed on a shelf among other bettas, who are in the same cups as I am. The water quality is the same as well, if not a bit worse. This is my new home… my eighth, to be exact. I’ve been to so many pet-stores, I’ve met so many other bettas, and I’ve had so many people shake around my cup. Is it because of my size? Am I too big? Are my colors too dull? What’s wrong with me?
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #2 
Min

Awww so sad. Luv Humphreys tale & all the other bettas who had to go through that. My Gossamer died last weekend . I didnt realise how old he was . apparently my lil guy spent most his life this way "in a cup". im glad he at least was happy in the end :( & I was happy to accommodate .
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #3 
Betta Slave

I'm so sorry about Gossamer :(
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #4 
Min

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
I'm so sorry about Gossamer :(
Aww thank you. He was a lil fighter I gotta give him that .
Min is offline   Reply With Quote