Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #1 
Tsuhei

What is the best lighting for a 2.5 gal?

Currently, I have an LED lamp that pivots that I'm sharing between both of my fish...It's definitely not serving any justice and it makes certain colors "fade out" like yellows and iridescent greens. Plus, LED lights have that annoying purple/blue tint that makes everything else look blue/purple.

So, I want to get two desk lamps from Walmart that will do both of my fish some justice and also provide some sort of light / nourishment for my incoming Marimo balls.

The debate is between these two:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-...#ProductDetail

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ndingMethod=rr

I'm sure the natural daylight bulbs will benefit my Marimo when they arrive, but I'm not quite sure how it'd make my fish look.

What do you guys suggest?
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #2 
wallywestisthebest333

I'd go with the first. The second one looks like it takes long special bulbs and you'd probably be in the same mess you are now. :/

Plus the first one looks better. =] And the bottom is weighted so if you have any other critters running around the house and the tanks you're less likely to experience any "accidents". :P

If it were me I'd spray-paint it blue though... but I just love blue. <3 XD

Also you can't go wrong with the classic Gooseneck. =] Just sayin'. ;]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #3 
Tsuhei

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
I'd go with the first. The second one looks like it takes long special bulbs and you'd probably be in the same mess you are now. :/

Plus the first one looks better. =] And the bottom is weighted so if you have any other critters running around the house and the tanks you're less likely to experience any "accidents". :P

If it were me I'd spray-paint it blue though... but I just love blue. <3 XD

Also you can't go wrong with the classic Gooseneck. =] Just sayin'. ;]
Do you think natural daylight bulbs will show my fish off more too? =x I really don't know what the light effects are for this type of lighting...will it flush out certain colors or enhance them?
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #4 
wallywestisthebest333

Well in my tank the daylight grow bulb shows off my betta's colors WAAAY better than an incandescent.

I don't think I said anything about a daylight bulb but I'm partial to them myself because you can have a planted tank if you have a daylight bulb! =]

Thus you can set up an NPT, a High tech, a Low tech, or a simple fast-growing stem plant/floater tank. =]

I'm not really sure about the color enhancing or flushing though. I just know that you'd have more options with the first lamp because you can put regular incandescent, or CFLs in it most likely without problem. I'd go into the store fist though to check it out. =]

And again I say. You can't go wrong with the classic Gooseneck. ;]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote