Betta Fish Forum banner

How big is your Betta?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Sweeda88 
#1 ·
I thought it would be fun to compare Betta sizes. Here's mine.
My Male Betta (sequin) is 3 inches from nose to the end of his caudal. He is 3/4 of an inch from the widest point from his belly to his back.

My female, Aurora, is 1 1/4 inches from nose to the end of the caudal. She is 1/4 of an inch from the biggest point from her belly to her back.

I realize this thread is EXTREMLY random, but I'm bored, so what the heck? LOL

#2 ·
How do you measure your fish?

#3 ·
I put a ruler up to the side of the tank, and then tapped lightly on one side of the tank so they would line up properly with the ruler. It distracts them, so they aren't bending and inspecting the ruler.

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure my boys aren't tame enough to do that hahah

#7 ·
If I didn't count the tails, my female would only be 1 inch, and my male would only be 2 inches. But BOY, is Sequin big from belly to back. He's nearly the size of my thumb!

#9 ·
Neptune is 2 1/4 inches and Jennifer is about 1 3/4 inches.
I started keeping a growth chart for Neptune when I got him, hoping that the growth would be noticable enough to measure. It was, so when I got Jennifer, I started keeping one for her too.
It's kind of fun. ;-)

#10 ·
I don't think my Betta has grown any since I got him. He was quite large when I rescued him from Wal Mart. My girl, however, probably will grow quite a bit, although I really hope she doesn't. I like how tiny she is. She almost looks like a large tadpole. LOL

#13 ·
:p I can! My DT female is 7/8 of an inch including her tail...but then again she is a female lol

#14 ·
I can bbeat it! I have fry 1/8 of an inch hehe...does that count? Lol.

#15 ·
No fair! If my pair would breed, then I would have fry...well...I guess about that size.

Lol hmm...should it count? I mean, how old is too young ;P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.