Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2010, 01:38 AM   #1 
PewPewPew

Talking Bubbler! :D

I bought a bubbler last night and set it up today, and ohhhh my betta LOVES IT! :DD Its an aqua culture bubble stone (http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/m/mOfZ..._ZEyyg/140.jpg) and I use only one, split my a splitter from my filter's airrator (which I dont use, the filter was too strong so its just the bubbler).

ANYWAY, after a ton ton ton ton TON of adjustments, I managed to get it rigged so the bubbles were controlable (the airator isnt adjustable at all) by clamping the other, split tube line with bobby pins and by covering it with a little rock and gravel.

Alle adores playing in it, and I must say, its the best couple of bucks Ive spent yet for him! He loves to weave in and out of the bubbles, will wait and watch it so I turn it on (and gets mad when it isnt) and, cutest of all, he NOMS the bubbles as they float up!

Does anyone else have these bubble stones and have suggestions? And has anyone else encountered the strange (though ohhhsooocutee) bubble-nomming?
Just wanna make sure its okay for him XD <3
Thank you :3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:21 AM   #2 
wallywestisthebest333

I'd look for something called a T-valve at Wal-mart or a pet store. =] You cut the airline tubing and plug it on the T valve on either side of the knob. Then you can adjust your airflow more easily. It would also work well for your filter and make it less intense. =]

Genie hated the air-stone I had in his tank when he had a DIY sponge filter. :/ I wish he'd liked it like your boy likes yours! =]

They typically cost around a dollar btw. =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:37 AM   #3 
ashleyy

Awww! how cute! :D

My betta just... I don't know.. lol, just lives with it. :/ haha

But yeh, the T valve thingies are pretty darn handy, I found a pack of them mixed with airline tubing suction cups for a dollar.
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #4 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I'm sure my betta would love it, he loves the current from the filter.. but I just think tha with a filter in a 5 gal would be too much. he likes having his calmer quiet side of the tank.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #5 
PewPewPew

I have a t-valve splitter, but the piece of poo tetra brand filter sucks up all the air from the airrator and none of it got to the bubbler T-T I never used it so BAH! I got rid of it :B I use the other split side with tubing to regulate it, when he's being a stinker I push on the side harder and lotssss of bubbles come out, he goes nuts XD <3
And LikeDiscoSuperfly, I have a 1.5-gal (sans filter now, but eh), and it, under a bit of regulation, doesnt make a whole lot of disturbance at all :3 If you want it less or off, clamp it and only do it when your betta seems bored :DDD
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote