Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #1 
windfire

Ares 70L rescaped

ok so it wasnt a major rescape but i got some HM and HC cuttings from a guy on a local forum and i added them as i thought they'd look better than the bacopa which i moved a few pieces to the right of the tank and ther est went to my dumping ground, ie my 1.2mm community lol. the hard scape pieces like the rocks are all siliconed to a seperate piece of glass on the bottom of the tank so they dont fall and crack the tank and the "mountain" is also siliconed together partially as i'm still able to remove the top to clean under it. i got 4 new types of mosses yesterday and will be adding them and cant wait to see how they look, i will be using super glue to fix it on which is apparently safe to use in tanks, who knew. i bought 6 shrimp and now have 32 so they definately breeding . i have a algae and a snail problem but the khuli loaches are finaly sorting it out and i'm hoping once the plants start growing the algae will die off. i'm thinking of one day making this a natural tank but will see next year. i've just started dosing with excel as well to see if it will boost the plant growth, so heres Ares home please feel free to comment
Attached Images

windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #2 
shinybetta

Nice!
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #3 
Sweeda88

Cool! I do suggest an aquarium background so you don't see the wires. Also, it adds depth to the tank.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:33 AM   #4 
windfire

Thanks guys i am planning on laminating a piece of black cardboard for a background as i dont like printd ones. I also added al the new moss yesterday n cant wait 2 see it in a month or so
Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #5 
windfire

another few bits of info the wood is my pride and joy, its completely round and the anubias are well on their way to attaching. i'm going aay on hols on thurs for 3 weeks and im really curious to see what the tank looks like when i get back, with the introduction of excel into my fertilizer regime. i feel like this tank has so much potential and i'm hoping in a month or two i can enter it into competions hence the need for a plain background besides the fact that i really dont like the printed backgrounds. i think the black will really bring out Ares and the plants colours though some recommend plain blue as a background i prefer black. anyway thats all planned for next year as im steadily running out of time to get things done. i still have to stock up on food for everyone and maybe a supply of frozen options aswell. true to form i've had 2 of my spare tanks crack in 2 weeks which is frustrating. fortunately i only have 4 fry that survived so they can stay in the current tank till i get home and have a chance to fix the other two. its very frustrating i had the 3 ft all ready, cycled and planted and had to rip it all out and then my spare 1 ft also cracked, both on the bottom panes so i'm hoping that thats it and no more will go.