Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #41 
lydia rose

i would have gotten a temporary bowl for him while i fixed the tanks problem...
that way he would be completely out of the tainted water. In an emergency a temporary smaller home is fine, especially if pain is involved.
lydia rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #42 
DormDrax

*Bows*

I tip my hat to you, you are... now officially more paranoid about your Betta than me...

I was all worried for you but then I saw the vid and just shook my head. His tail I expected to be gone... heck I expected all his fins to be gone and him just to be wriggling like a worm (I ALWAYS assume the worst).

OBJECTION!

*Flashes past the screen like a Phoenix Wright Game*
*Music Starts* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IN0u...eature=related
*SHING*
:WHAT I NOTICED:

1. His color is very vivid.
2. His fins are open and not clumped (Drax Clumps his often but I think thats because he likes to wedge into tight spaces all the freaking time!).
3. He's swimming decently.
4. Isn't gasping.
5. Isn't floating on the top.
6. Isn't floating on the bottom.
7. Isn't on his side.
8. His fins are still there haha.
9. His eyes look good.
10. You are a caring fish owner who is trying their hardest! YOUR FISH WILL PULL THROUGH!

Last edited by DormDrax; 12-26-2010 at 04:20 PM.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #43 
JKfish

DormDrax.... he's posted his video? I'm now extremely confused, seeing as I see no video D:
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #44 
JLovesBettas

Haha I know, I am paranoid DormDrax. He looks a bit worse now. The only problem is that he is fine now... but if I don't find the cause he won't be. I just hope that we have finally found the problem. That was an old video JKfish (just to let you know I am a woman) here is the new one. NOTE: The only reason he is floating at the top is because I woke him up to take the video usually he is not floating at the top like that. http://s334.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=MVI_5324.mp4 Sorry it is so glaring though. It was either that or too dark to see anything.
JLovesBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #45 
bettabum

I'm new here and certainly don't claim to be an expert......but I have had HUGE success with only a 1 gallon, unfiltered tank and fresh, untreated spring water, and 100% changes every week. I never use tap water or well water and I never use a conditioner. Just plain old spring water. It seems to work for me.......Good luck!
bettabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #46 
JKfish

Oops, sorry Jlovesbettas. Alright, he looks good :) If he's active, and doesn't always hang around the top, then I say for now he's good. Chances are what ailed him was parasites, but those have been taken care of. Just keep an eye on him :)

BettaBum: Um, you're going to need to up your water changes and heat your tank. Ammonia build up quickly in small containers, and the smaller the aquarium the more water changes you have to do, otherwise your fish could become extremely ill.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #47 
JLovesBettas

Don't worry about it ;) thanks for taking a look at him. What about the stress stripes?
Old 12-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #48 
JLovesBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydia rose View Post
i would have gotten a temporary bowl for him while i fixed the tanks problem...
that way he would be completely out of the tainted water. In an emergency a temporary smaller home is fine, especially if pain is involved.
Okay thanks for the tip at that time I really just didn't have the money to get him everything he needed for a new bowl.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #49 
JKfish

the video is a bit blurry. If he's got horizontal stress stripes, then try giving him a place to hide in his tank, and possibly dim his area a bit.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #50 
bettabum

JKfish: Thanks for the info.......I do heat the tank. I keep it around 78. Is that ideal? Would one more 100% water change per week be enough?
bettabum is offline   Reply With Quote