Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #1 
rooroober

Talking Feeding frozen food

I have never fed my betta's frozen food before but I thought I would try...I have frozen block of blood worms and brime shrimp...how should I feed it? Should I just put the block in the water? Should I defrost it first? Should I feed a whole cube? Thank you for your help! I am new to this Betta obcession! But it is such a wonderful and rewarding pet to own! I have bought 3 tanks and 3 different betta's in the last 2 months! lol...its addicting! :) amber
rooroober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Chip off a small piece of the frozen block of food and thaw it out in some tank water.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #3 
LittleBettaFish

I just thaw out my frozen food in a separate container filled with warm water (I add a couple of drops of Prime since I tip whatever is left over into my Goldfish tank). Then I just tweezer out individual bloodworms or brine shrimp and let my fish chase them around for a bit.

I have about 1cm x 1cm cubes and even a 1/4 of this is more than enough to feed 9 bettas.

Just make sure if you dump a whole lot in and let it defrost in the tank, it is properly thawed before your bettas get near it. One of my males died after he got a big lump of ice or something stuck in his throat and it was a terrible feeling.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #4 
Fermin

Yep chipping and thawing here as well. My bettas are hit or miss with eating frozen food, though. Gravy Jones LOVED Freshwater Frenzy and Frozen Bloodworms, Neb only liked Frozen Bloodworms, and Hoagie and Tater Tot refuse to eat anything frozen. Spoiled rotten lol.
Fermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #5 
TaylorW

You don't really have to thaw your frozen food if you don't want to. I chip off a tiny piece and drop it in the tank, and it melts/thaws a bit as soon as it hits the water. Plus, my betta has great fun chasing the big chunk of food around his tank! XD
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #6 
rooroober

Thank you guys for your advice! I will try all and see which works the best for my little guys! Thanks again! :)
rooroober is offline   Reply With Quote