Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #11 
akjadestar

Thanks everyone who's commented so far... the fifth part will be up in a while but it will be a long while possibly, because my sister just possibly broke my finger a while ago, it's all bruised and swollen, and I can move it (but it hurts a LOT!) if it doesn't feel better I'll probably see a doc tomorrow. It'll slow down the writing a little but it's not too hard to type without one pinky so I'll probably get this part done by today!
akjadestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #12 
akjadestar

Part Five!:

(NOVEL LENGTH)

The days grew longer and I became confident that there would never be anyone who would save me. I was losing hope. Thankfully the regular feeder had came by and washed out all of our containers, giving us fresh new water, which I was pretty thrilled about and my chomped up tail was beginning to heal. But what use was it, when I was gonna be here for the rest of my pitiful life and in a week my water would be filth anyways! I had taken to just resting on my side in front of my container. I barely noticed or cared when feeders walked by now. Why should I care? Nothing was going to ever happen.
But it was a few days later when a tall, and rather old looking female feeder had came by to look at us. I swam up to look at her for a second while she was in conversation with one of the feeders I often saw around here. She seemed rather strict, and I knew I was hopeless for getting picked, so I sunk back to the bottom of my container and watched. The regular feeder was talking to the tall one, and she nodded her head up and down as she listened. Then, the regular feeder gestured towards us and the tall feeder walked over and examined us. I didn't even put on a show. What was the point? But just then, the feeder crouched over, making her face level with my container. I just laid there, probably looking dead, or something close to it. She peered at me, then spoke in a concerned voice to the other feeder, who laughed and did the strange head nodding thing, and then stepped forward and suddenly smacked on the side of my container, making my water quiver. I leaped up in shock and did a quick, scared circle around my container. The two feeders spoke for a second, then I watched as the regular feeder grabbed two bettas from a spot too far away for me to see. One was a beautiful striking, bright red, the other was light creamy colored with beautiful fins. She handed them to the tall feeder, then grabbed two more bettas, a dark blue and purple one and a white one with a long red tail. Then, with two bettas apiece, they walked out of sight.
I sighed and swam to the back of my container. “They had to pick them. They could pick any four bettas, and they didn't even pick one of us.” my buddy didn't seem too really acknowledge what I was saying, so I sighed and swam to the front of my container, feeling dejected. A few seconds later I saw the two feeders coming back, empty handed. I wondered what happened to the other bettas, but I figured they must be okay. The regular feeder never let anything bad happen to us. But now, the tall one, she was examining us all over again... And then, I suddenly noticed they were both watching me and talking. I spun around and headed over to talk to my buddy.
“G-Guess what?” I stammered excitedly. “There's some feeder out there, she's buying a ton of us... and, and, right now they're checking me out! Things are looking good!” I spun around with thrill and then puffed out my fins proudly.
“Good going, kid. I knew you're day would come eventually.” I looked at him, and suddenly realized he didn't seem very happy. Then it all washed over me. Of course. He had been here ages before me, then I came in and complained how terrible it was. I whined to him that I'd never get picked. But now, it was happening. I was getting picked, and he would be the one left behind. Again. My stomach felt sick, and words started tumbling out of my mouth.
“Wait... wait I'm not so sure I wanna get chosen!”
“What are you talking about? I thought it was your biggest dream!”
“But, what about you! It's no fair that you'll be left behind again!” I hyperventilated. “You can't be left behind on your own! I have to stay!”
It seemed like it was too late. A feeders hand extended in my direction, but then, to my relief, it grabbed the container of the betta above me.
“Phew,” I said “Looks like I'm staying...”
I looked at my buddy and I saw that he looked partly relieved too.
Suddenly, I felt a hand grip onto my container.
“No!” I cried, as I felt myself being lifted up and carried away.
My buddy didn't say anything, just watched with a look of dismay as the feeder was about to set down the container of the betta who was on top of me, down in front of him. But then the taller feeder spoke, and their hand extended to grab my buddies container. The regular feeder set down the other bettas container in my buddys old spot, and then took my buddy away from the tall feeder and they both began walking. With us.
I looked over at my buddy from my own container as we were jostled up and down from the feeders every step. He looked scared, but I passed him a look of excitement and his face lit up. Soon we found out where the other bettas were carried off to. It was the same place where we had stayed while our containers were cleaned. It was a big hollow cube with a door that led to where the feeders the kept stuff they put in our water, and there was even a water dispenser. Me and my buddy were set next to the other bettas. I looked over at the four of them, some seemed thrilled, others terrified. I caught the bright red ones eyes and we shared a smile. He was definitely one of the excited ones. Our regular feeder grabbed something rested against the big cube. It was a big looking board and she pulled on it, and folded it in some parts, and voila, I realized it was one of those boxes I had been put in before I was taken away from my home not so long ago. And then, one by one, our containers were grabbed and placed inside. Mine was stacked on top of the really light colored bettas. Me and my buddy were placed about as far apart as we could be, but I had a good feeling about what was going on, and I imagined we'd see each other again soon.

Last edited by akjadestar; 12-13-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #13 
baylee767

What happens next, I wonder!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #14 
akjadestar

Part 6:
[=

Just like before, darkness had fell upon the box and we had a bumpy, treacherous journey to wherever it was we were being taken. I have no clue how long it was before we arrived at our destination, but soon enough our box finally hit a flat surface and it stayed that way. The top of our box was lifted away, spilling in bright blinding light, and the first thing I saw once my eyes had adjusted was the face of the tall feeder, looking down on us. The her hand came forward, and grabbed my container. My heart did a little flop. I felt nervous because getting your container taken was almost never a good thing but maybe I was going to be moved to my new home!
“Bye! Good bye!” I shouted to the bettas back down in the box as I parted with them. I did an excited shake and twist, then spotted my buddy, looking up watching me with astonishment. I swam in a quick circle and thought about what my home would be like. Huge, and warm, maybe, with tons of plants and hiding spots. I heard the lid on my container pop off and before I knew it, I was slipping, tumbling as all of my water spilled out, taking me with it. I twisted mid air, as I fell for a few seconds, but then I finally hit water. Cold water. VERY cold water. I went into instant shock, freezing up as force pushed me down further in the chilling water, but once I had recovered from the fall, and barely from the temperature, I took in my surroundings. My new home, it was hardly bigger than my old container, and there were no plants to be seen.. Anger boiled up inside of me. I had been excited for nothing. I swam down and saw light orange rocks on the bottom. They were the same color as me, almost as if I had been picked to match this tank. Swimming up, I saw there was one part of my tank which curved in a lot, and then opened up wide. It didn't give much surface to breathe from. Some sort of pretty orange string was tied around the top. Staring outside my new “home” I realized that there were other tanks like mine too, with different colored gravel. I even saw a blue one, and figured that my friend would probably end up in there. I gulped some air and then sunk down to the bottom, feeling discouraged. THIS was the home I had been looking forward to for so long?

Last edited by akjadestar; 12-13-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #15 
baylee767

I love the novel lengths because it gives so much to read! I swear, if you were to publish this, it could be!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #16 
rooroober

Great story!!!!! Can't wait for more!!! :))

Last edited by rooroober; 12-14-2010 at 04:09 PM.
rooroober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #17 
JaspersANGEL

This Is a great story! U Should totally keep going.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #18 
akjadestar

Sorry I haven't posted anymore for a few days! I've been busy with some studying, chores, and present buying! I'll post some tomorrow, I promise, but it's too late for me to post any now! Well check back tomorrow for more! (:
Old 12-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #19 
akjadestar

Part 7:
I was in my tank for a few more days. After the tall feeder had got all of us betta's into our matching tanks, all lined up neatly on a table, she had left us, in a big beautiful, yet empty room. It got extremely cold at night and I folded my fins up tightly and huddled up in a corner, and also then swimming around quickly to try and stay warm. I wasn't next to my buddy anymore, but next to the cherry red betta who I began to talk to a lot. Apparently he had arrived at the last torturous place just a few days after I had. He was just as excited as me to leave and it made me happy to think of the six of us who had been picked and taken out of that miserable place, and given new hope. If I had learned anything it was not to give up hop, and it could only be so long before, maybe someone would rescue me from here too.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:40 AM   #20 
baylee767

Methinks more! Good job with the story!