Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #11 
TaylorW

Sorry this pair didn't work out for you, but I would love to see your platinums!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #12 
Lamia

Poor guy! His fins were so pretty too! Aw. He looks how I feel after a bad relationship.
Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #13 
Dragonlady

The platinums are likely to be less aggressive toward one another, but you never know. They are animals with unique personalities. If they are both very ready, they often spawn very quickly after a few chases back and forth of hide and seek. By the way, it makes me really sad to see a pretty betta than has been definned from attempted breeding. IMO, it is best to watch for at least the first hour of introduction when you introduce a pair without barriers.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #14 
nOOb iHACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
The platinums are likely to be less aggressive toward one another, but you never know. They are animals with unique personalities. If they are both very ready, they often spawn very quickly after a few chases back and forth of hide and seek. By the way, it makes me really sad to see a pretty betta than has been definned from attempted breeding. IMO, it is best to watch for at least the first hour of introduction when you introduce a pair without barriers.
Yes, I watched these guys all day after releasing them. I thought everything was going awesome but woke up to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
Sorry this pair didn't work out for you, but I would love to see your platinums!
I'm stopping by the LFS to buy some plants to completely fill the spawning tank and will update as soon as I get home.
nOOb iHACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:54 PM   #15 
nOOb iHACK

Okay, the results are in! Here is the link to my platinum white halfmoon spawning:

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....706#post537706
Old 01-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #16 
nOOb iHACK

I began conditioning my little torn up male with my black dragon female yesterday. I released her for about an hour but placed her back in her refuge bowl because they're obviously not ready. The male was being very aggressive. I noticed they weren't showing interest in the beginning but I see fireworks after releasing and placing her back. I'm hoping they'll be ready soon but the male hasn't even begun a nest.

I'm using see through plastic tubs because my old spawning tank is being used as a grow-out. I'll upload photos soon but will start a new thread.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #17 
nOOb iHACK

Started this pair again two days ago... I'm going to take it super slow this time. This is my favorite pair and I want more=)
Old 02-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #19 
nOOb iHACK

Okay... I tried the female with my copper/White BF male. They spawned almost instantly yesterday evening. I couldn't believe how many eggs were expelled after each embrace. I'm looking at the male tend the nest but no signs of fry. I'll post a thread once I have fry living for more than a week.

The original male (devil dragon) is an omega. This female (devil dragon) is definitely an Alpha. Maybe I'll try one of the female fry from these with my sissy male in the future.