Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #1 
celine18

wish me luck!!

so i've been working for the past 2/3 months to get this stupid 10 gallon going, and for the past 2 weeks it's housed 3 cories, and i've finally got it planted the way i want, so i think it's time to move Sam in....it also might be the fact that tomorrows temp isn't even supposed to get above freezing, i don't even know how cold it's gonna be tonight, but his heater's been keeping the water at 72, soooooo i think it's time he moved to the toasty, stable, 79 degree tank, haha.

he's currently in a cup and floating in the tank.....but i'm really scared that:

1. he wont like it. he's not gonna be beside the couch anymore so he won't get nearly as much attention
2. that he messes with the cories (my biggest worry)

i'm really hoping things'll go smoothly, so wish me luck!!! >.<
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #2 
Tomsk

Good luck!
Having the cories already established in the tank will help (your Betta wont view it as HIS tank).Also having lots of plants or ornaments to allow hidey-holes/seperate areas will ease any problems.
As you have both these covered the only other thing is your Betta's character which you can't control (thankfully,as this is what makes them special )

Just keep an eye on them when you can for the first day or so just to make sure they are happy tank mates.

Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #3 
celine18

yea, i've been watching him in his cup and he hasn't seemed to notice the cories yet....but he did try and attack the snail that crawled onto his cup, lol. he's seemed like a pretty chill boy, so i'm hoping he'll stay that way!!!!! and i will be watching him like a hawk for the next few days! thanks!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:14 PM   #4 
crowntail lover

Good Luck! Im sure everything will go as planned! :]. I want to see some pics!
Pics Pics Pics!! haha
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #5 
celine18

weeelllll....i don't think it's gonna work out. he won't stop chasing the cories, and he's got them scared to death.........siiiiiiiiiigggghhhhh..........
Old 12-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #6 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine18 View Post
weeelllll....i don't think it's gonna work out. he won't stop chasing the cories, and he's got them scared to death.........siiiiiiiiiigggghhhhh..........
Add some more plants or decor at the bottom ....
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #7 
Jayy

Good luck!! I hope everything goes alright!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #8 
crowntail lover

Maybe you should add some more plants and hiding plants..
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #9 
Malvolti

My guy did something similar the day I added him to his tank with the Shrimp. After a little he stopped and has pretty much ignored them ever since. It's a dominance thing.

Still, keep an eye on them. Dominance displays can sometimes go too far.

I'll also echo the suggestion for more plants/caves.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #10 
celine18

so my mother's telling me i'm being paranoid (which i am, but they're my babies, who wouldn't be??) and to leave it for a few days to let them get used to each other. she keeps bringing up how the dog and cat didn't get along at first, and now they love each other....idk how well dog and cat philosophy transfers over to betta & corys...but either way, i cut the light off for an hour or so, then came back and fed them, and he seemed to of calmed down a bit, and the corys seemed slightly less on guard, so maaaaaaaaybe there's hope???

well my tank's pretty stuffed. once i stuffed Sams bowl with plants and he didn't seem too happy, so i'm trying to keep it kind of slightly open for him, because of that. but here's the pic spam, there's really not much more i can squeeze in there....i will have the plants from his bowl to put in there, if he doesn't need to be removed, which i just remembered, haha.

FTS:

with Sam:

chillin in the front, in the open spot:

and here's one of the cories, looking only slightly scared out of his mind as the evil demon approaches (MU HAHAHAHAHA!!!) ....i should really get some sleep...the stress is getting to me.....

thanks for all the help guys!!!