Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #11 
fflores

does condensation form on the underside of your lid?

depending on the temperature of my office, it can drastically change. At times it does create condensation on the underside of the lid, when the droplets join together and from larger and larger droplets sometimes my betta will jump at the water droplets.

I know that when i feed him, i use to put a couple of drops of water on the lid and soak a couple of pellets there so that they would expand prior to me putting them in his tank, he would hover under them and sometimes jump and hit the underside of the lid right were the pellets were.

just a thought
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #12 
Tsuhei

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflores View Post
does condensation form on the underside of your lid?

depending on the temperature of my office, it can drastically change. At times it does create condensation on the underside of the lid, when the droplets join together and from larger and larger droplets sometimes my betta will jump at the water droplets.

I know that when i feed him, i use to put a couple of drops of water on the lid and soak a couple of pellets there so that they would expand prior to me putting them in his tank, he would hover under them and sometimes jump and hit the underside of the lid right were the pellets were.

just a thought
Well I cut my glass really small to prevent it...and used the firm plastic mesh to prevent them from jumping out and allowing fresh air to constantly go in and out of the tank. In the picture, you can see some water droplets..but I have a bubbler and the bubbles popping at the surface makes water collect under the lid. Other than that (now that I decided to take them out to allow my boys to make bubble nests) there is no condensation whatsoever.
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #13 
Alex09

Maybe your water level is too high? I have an open top tank and I have never had a problem with jumping fish. I keep the water level 3-4 inches below the rim to discourage them. Or you can have some kind of problem with your water that your betta is trying to escape. Do you have a heater? Do you treat your water with dechlorinator?
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote