Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #1 
Creat

Talking What was your first betta?

Just wondering what your guy's first betta was?
Mine was a crowntail blue and red guy that really was very brownish :p I named him Mushy lol He lasted 3 years before a tank re-cycled on me killing him :( which caused me to buy three more fish as a replacement and from there the habit grew
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I remember mine like it was yesterday- in 1965 (I was very young)...a blue/green VT male and my friend got a matching blue VT female and we bought the only Betta book they had on the shelf and we successfully spawned them, however, no fry survived......and I fell in love with the hobby and have been fish keeping ever since...breeding/spawning over 60+ different species and collection of wild species to keep in the home aquarium...moving on to planted and then natural planted tanks....one day I want to keep saltwater species....one day.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #3 
FireKidomaru

mine was a bright red VT that had a personality like no other...anyone who would walk into my room would get flared at until they cameup to the tank for a fish look over hahaha he loved people..he is dearly missed his name was Fire..while he was still alive i got his brother Kidomaru a purple blue grizzle VT who also loved people..he died on the same day as Fire...this story also explains my username..may they rest in peace they were great pets and wonderful friends.
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #4 
Aristophanese

I just got my first- his name is Aristophanes , He is a Black/blue purple-ish with red fined crown tail- He like to glass surf and swim through his plants.
Aristophanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #5 
fleetfish

My first guy was a royal blue VT named King Cato of Siam, but I just called him Your Majesty. He lived for a good 5 years in everything imaginable. I really had no clue about bettas, so he even lived with goldfish for awhile (I was noob at fish ... and it was a VERY long time ago!).
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

In my days there were only VT and short tailed fighters. My first betta was a wild colored VT.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #7 
Nutt007

My first Betta was a Blue VT named Dogfish. We had him in a cold one gallon bowl with tap water. He did not survive the night. :(
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #8 
TaylorW

My first betta is my current betta, Victor.... Royal blue VT with a touch of red.

Wow, it's impressive how long some of you have been into bettas! No wonder you know so much about fish! 1965, wow Oldfishlady!! That's awesome!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #9 
Creat

Ha ha I remember being a fish noob I had a 5 gallon hex with guppies they died the next day :p
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #10 
Cassandra90

Well I have a one and only for now. He is a Red Vt with blue on the tips of his fins, I named him Aka (Red in Japanese). He is almost 3 years old now. He is your common petstore betta. I love him though, he has a 7 gallon filtered and heated with a ADF named Deniro and 2 ghost shrimp.
Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote