Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #21 
darevrin43

ok so he is now sitting at the bottom and not really doing much swimming even after water change and more aquarium salt.

Would adding the same type a leaf that he came in from thailand do anything for him or is it prob to late now that he is in this condition??
darevrin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #22 
scootshoot

how large is your tank? Have pics to share of your setup?
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #23 
darevrin43

ill post one soon, its 2.5 gallon and filtered and upstairs in my house so the tank stays at 78 pretty much all day. I Actually think his scales are raising up, hard to tell though
Old 12-19-2010, 02:29 AM   #24 
darevrin43

Here is the tank, 2.5 gallon filtered. There was a thermometer in there and took it out when i cleaned tank and dog chewed it up so have to get a new one.

Here is the fish the day i got him just chilling at the bottom, he is worse now, he just lays on the bottom and swims every now and then
Old 12-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #25 
NeptuneBlue

Smile Neptune

He is happy in his new home, swimming around regularly and playing with the bubles in his tank lol.

He is hiding in his ship.

Good color photo of him. His fins are fanned out now, he is much happier in his bigger home.
NeptuneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #26 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuneBlue View Post
I just got a new betta today (from a petstore) and i did all the things suggested to acclimate him to the tank. He is very lethargic at this point. Do you think he is a little stressed from the move? He ate earlier, I have his temp in his water set at 78. Any suggestions? I am off for the next few days so I am going to keep an eye on him, I am just wondering what is going on with him. Thanks for the help :)
Hey NeptuneBlue you should start a new thread and intro yourself and your new Betta to all of us....and post some pic in your own thread...we would love to hear all about him and ask all the questions you need...we have lots of folks here that will be happy to help and making your own thread we can help you better as well and it will get more attention too.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #27 
darevrin43

Well he died today, did all i could. Im not sure how refunds work when buying online from aquabid but im going to try to get one on the fish since he already seemed sick when i got him and did let the seller know right away
Old 12-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #28 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by darevrin43 View Post
ill post one soon, its 2.5 gallon and filtered and upstairs in my house so the tank stays at 78 pretty much all day. I Actually think his scales are raising up, hard to tell though
How do you know the tank stays at 78 all day? Your dog ate the thermometer,

I will put it this way. We have our betta tank in an upstairs bedroom and it's nice and warm. Initially I figured I could get by without a heater as well. One early morning I woke up to see the tank water down to 74! Let's just say he got a heater that same afternoon.

How much did you spend on your betta over the web?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #29 
darevrin43

Well i have another tank right next to the same tank which still has its thermometer, and its showing 79 right now. haha i know my dog really did chew up the other thermometer, only the glass covering of it, when she gets bored she goes on a hunt for things to rip to pieces and i left it on my computer desk.

I spent $30 bucks for the fish, then plus the shipping :/
Old 12-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #30 
scootshoot

Ouch, sorry for the loss of your expensive betta. Let us know how the "refund" turns out. Was always curious how fish selllers on Aquabid handle death of their product as it's bound to happen.