Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #11 
Ethan

"the Betta fish can stay in the tank while cleaning! NO filters, NO pumps, NO mess!

At first I thought you guys were going nuts...... what fish can you have in a tank while your cleaning it. Uh none you put them in another container while cleaning. with that kind of water changing your betta will die in a month. That's to much stress for a fish. And what if your betta jumps out duh
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #12 
TaylorW

Isn't this the dumbest thing you've ever seen? It just screams "BAD IDEA"
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #13 
Ethan

no kidding
Old 12-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #14 
wallywestisthebest333

LOLOLOL

I left them a message as well. Instead of an e-mail though I left them a phone number. Hopefully that will intrigue them enough to investigate. ;P

Here's the message I left, it's a lie but not one that's terrible or anything. :P

"The aqua bock is a waste of money. I was horrified when my sister gave this to me as an early Christmas present. Thank God she didn't give me a fish as well. She said "[I'd] need to pick one for [myself]."

I don't take care of fish but even I know that they should have more water in their living space. It doesn't even hold as much as I can drink in a day let alone enough to sustain the fish.

Plus I just did some research on the fish in the picture (It's a betta correct?) They require heat and daily water changes if you don't have a filter.

This contradicts your care information. I suggest you update your care information if you plan to keep selling your product.

Sure this could probably be a great gift for a betta owner if they wanted to scoop their fish out of a bigger cleaner space for a photoshoot. As it is probably much easier to take a picture of a fish when it has nowhere to hide. But that's it.

I'd start advertising it as a temporary container for photography purposes or a starter home only. And I'd stress STARTER quite heavily.

I am thoroughly unsatisfied with your product. And wont be recommending it to anyone.

also I'm going to have a talk with my sister as she has an Aquablock and a fish inside of it. Needless to say we'll probably be getting ourselves proper tanks for Christmas to make up for this mistake."

I hope I got my message across.

And for anyone that's interested I TOTALLY didn't leave my REAL number. I left the number for the Rejection Hotline for Topeka Kansas instead. XD
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #15 
Ethan

lol that's to good!!!!!+= that'll teach them alright
Old 12-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #16 
TaylorW

Hahaha, YES!!! XD Thank you Wallywest, that is AWESOME! XD
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #17 
Busted

hahaha, way to go Wallywest :D

I lol'd at the "comes with a custom carrying case" I think I will also send them a message.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #18 
ilovebunnies

I've seen these in person and would never want to get one. Heaven forbid you need to take your fish out of it, the opening is so small and looks sharp. If you had to pour the betta out, he/she would probably get cut up. Or you would just cut yourself.

And is this 'block' the same stuff they use to make walls with? The only thing this is suitable for is collecting pennies.
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #19 
Ethan

This is hilarios!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #20 
Busted

This is what I sent, not as good as Wallywest's but it helps get the point across.

Quote:
Your product the AquaBlock is way to small for just about any fish much less a Betta. Perhaps your company failed to research the Betta, its need for heated water, water changes, and a filter. Does the AquaBlock even have a lid? Bettas are known to jump. I'm sure the last thing you want your "stressed stockbrokers" wanting is their fish flopping around on their desk. The need for heated water is they are a tropical fish. Bettas are know to become lethargic in cold water. That can and will most likely lead to death of the fish. The size being 8"H x 8"L x 3"W means this "tank" holds less then 1 gallon of water. Many aquarium hobbiest would tell you a minimum stock size is 1" of fish per gallon of water. Betta fish are known to be on average 1.5" and are known to be up to 4". Also, Bettas can get sick easy and not having any filter would be daily water changes, and you would need conditioner for the water each time this was done. Even with a filtered aquarium you still need weekly water changes. Another thing, your sealed gravel and sand, prevents beneficial bacteria from growing, these bacteria help break down the ammonia and other important duties, if you know anything of the nitrogen cycle in a aquarium. This means your AquaBlock is basically useless, as it give nothing a Betta needs other then a container of water. The only thing I could think of to use the AquaBlock for is a temporary container for my fish as I clean his larger tank, then again I could do this with a much cheaper container.
What do you think? I think most of what I said is correct.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote