Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #1 
FeistyFins
Banned

What are your breeding goals??

I was just curious about what everyones ultimate breeding goals are for whatever line you're currently working on. Do you have an idea of a final out come in mind. Possible names for the line? Ect?

These are the 2 males I will be getting soon to begin breeding again.

My goal for the HM is to eventually develop a line of "Fire Dragons" Red/orange, black/goal dragons that breeds true.

And my goal for the HMPK is to create a couple different lines I think, Im not really 100% on what I want as the outcome, I would like to breed a true breeding line of "Candy Cane HMPKS" Red/white marbles, and maybe a line of fancies, not sure.

So what is everyone else breeding for?
FeistyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #2 
monroe0704

I'm just starting out so I haven't finalized what lines I would like to develop... but I want to continue on what a Thai breeder has been doing and breed a "Peacock" HM line... with mostly blue tales.

I'm also going to breed shades of blue DT... SO yep, pretty vague, but it's a start!
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #3 
monroe0704

P.S. I LOVE the HMPK you're getting! I wanna reserve some fry! :D
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #4 
Dragonlady

My main goal is to improve the line I am currently working on. My dream would be for every single betta from a spawn to be without flaws, but perhaps that is impossible. Every betta has flaws, and so do I.l My idea of perfect male halfmoon betta would be able to hold his finnage to a full 180 degree caudal spread his entire life, has a balanced body with no bumps on the topline, is resistant to fin rot, has a dorsal that is symmetrical with the anal fin, and long full ventral fins.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote