Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #21 
JKfish

I understand that most material is removed extremely quickly, but if you look at the activity of some of the banned members, they didn't act in any way that would lead me to believe they should be banned, and I honestly can't think of them suddenly and randomly making a trolling post, especially with how genuienly intelligent, nice, knowedgeable, etc about bettas most of them were.
*sigh* I had a feeling this thread might technically be ban material, but I was honestly curious about wheter other people were noticing this asides from me...

Last edited by JKfish; 12-16-2010 at 09:33 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #22 
TaylorW

Oops, sorry for the mix up, I think I now get why they were banned

Sorry Mods!!!
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #23 
Tsuhei

Same here...still sticking to my guns about my previous posts..but I think I'm going to leave the thread now.. don't want to open up a new can of worms. =S
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #24 
JKfish

true, same here....

Also, I apologize for opening this thread up, I probably should have asked around via Pms instead of opening this for everyone. If someone will close/delete the thread, it's probably for best.

Last edited by JKfish; 12-16-2010 at 09:40 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #25 
tsoto80

when a person keeps coming back after being banned is it because of their love for bettas or do you think they just wanna annoy people?
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #26 
wallywestisthebest333

I'm also sticking to my guns. I think most of the people that got banned broke a rule and deserved it. Whether it was a while back and they've learned their lesson or if it was recently and they have yet to reform. If you're banned you're banned. :P I was surprised by how recent those two were but my opinion still stands.

If they reformed; great. They should e-mail the mods and talk to them about lifting the ban or something. that's the end of my bit in this thread. ;]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #27 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
when a person keeps coming back after being banned is it because of their love for bettas or do you think they just wanna annoy people?
I would surmise that it's because they feel that they're hurt because they've been cut off from what they feel is their community and because (in their mind) the penalty was unduly harsh for their offense. None the less, a forum is quite literally someones private property, bought and paid for by them and as such, you and I are guests subject to their rules.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #28 
bettalover2033

JK Fish is kind of right, i have seen a couple of people get banned for somethings that they didnt know what they did wrong. Also These people should get from 1-3 warnings based on their action.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #29 
bettalover2033

I think that someone should call one of the SM to come and see this thread. and explain to us why.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #30 
Jupiter

Also do keep in mind that mods on a lot of sites have access to the user's IP address...it's quite easy to 'fake' being someone on the internet, but if they have the same IP address as a banned account it's pretty much a dead giveaway.

I'm going to agree with Wallywest and say that the most offensive stuff is usually hidden or removed...and warnings are done with PMs...I remember DQ PMed me once because I accidentaly used an inapporpraite word, so yeah...most of the stuff is hidden from us.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote