Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #1 
DormDrax

Talking Drax: Finally Getting Comfy (Warning, lot of Pictures)

Just got home a few hours ago... PHEW!

Went up to see him, he's such a pig now haha he just swam around the top and got into a sorta slanted feeding position just under the surface ready for feeding... Took 3 pellets to finally get him to stop begging haha.

Also I'd like to point out... LOOK AT THE PLANT! LOOK AT IT! *Bows* Not rotting hehehehehehe in fact it's shooting out roots from the submerged leaves right and left hahaha (Don't freak I'm just being... Dramatic)

You can see his bad eye well here... I just don't know what to do, or if it's even PopEye and not just something that happened to him when he was captive.
Also... didn't I say in an earlier thread that I had moved that Emerald and wedged it into the corner??? WHY IS IT MOVED!!! (Parents both said they didn't touch anything)

Sorry for the Blurriness of Drax... he's so... impatient haha can Betta's have ADHD? Hahaha He'll pause and I'll snap the photo but then he'll dart off a MILLISECOND too soon...

Other than his bad eye... How would you all Rate Drax Health Wise? And me as a new owner hahaha that sorta got thrown into this new Hobby (And LOVING it).
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #2 
metalbetta

From what I can see it looks like popeye to me... I'm no expert on fishie meds, but I'm sure someone who is will drop by and help you. You have a pretty boy there. :)
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #3 
DormDrax

But his eye has been sorta like that ever since I got him. It did go down at... ooohh you know what? It might be because of the water!

ALLOW me to explain!

When his eye FIRST got that way was just HOURS after he was moved to my vase from his 'Container'. It went down when he was moved to his new home, but then came back again days later. I bet it's the FILTER! That filter spits out SOOO many bubbles it must change the gases in the water! So I turned the filter off... even my parents agree that maybe he doesn't need such a big 'DEATH SUCTION' filter.

Maybe if I keep the water still the gases will regulate and it will go down. If it doesn't by tomorrow... I'll try to get some meds for him.

But could it be from the bubbles? And gases?

Since I mean... he's eating healthy (Almost too much). He's very curious of his new home... he seems to LOVE attention from me and my parents. He gets all... *Blushes* I dunno it's just so cute to have him seeing me and wanting to eat or just... I think he likes just being watched. Really wish I could sorta interact with him more.... *Sad*
Old 12-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #4 
metalbetta

It could always be due to an injury from the filter. I haven't had any issues with the power filter in my sorority tank, but with other filters it's possible. For now I'd just keep his water clean and keep a close eye on him to make sure it doesn't get infected.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #5 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
It could always be due to an injury from the filter. I haven't had any issues with the power filter in my sorority tank, but with other filters it's possible. For now I'd just keep his water clean and keep a close eye on him to make sure it doesn't get infected.
Not injury from the filter...

Just the bubbles and air it's pumping into the water.

...... errrr.... Infected? Do I even want to know?
Old 12-17-2010, 12:01 AM   #6 
baylee767

Wow he's really colored up! (That, or all earlier photos were taken in bad lighting!) Good luck with the eye!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #7 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
Wow he's really colored up! (That, or all earlier photos were taken in bad lighting!) Good luck with the eye!

Really? I mean... I don't think the lighting was much different in the older pics... What does that mean?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #8 
baylee767

Well he appeared paler in his old pics. Compare them and you'll see he looks birghter now (Which, of course, is good.)
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #9 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
Well he appeared paler in his old pics. Compare them and you'll see he looks birghter now (Which, of course, is good.)
Turned the Filter off... he seems more relaxed now... but... I mean... kinda... pricey filter *Cough* Yeah I know... I keep forgetting about using sponges.

Would using a Wine Cork floating in the water be a ... toy? Not real cork... it's one of those weird 'Fake Rubber' sorta things YellowTail uses. He hovers around the top and he darts alot... why not have something for him to hit around.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #10 
Lamia

what kind of plant is that? it looks way cool! 0_0
Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote