Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #1 
crowntail lover

Female needing to drop her eggs.. Help.

Well.. One of my female HMs (Marie) has a HUGE belly full of eggs.. But I have no idea why..or how to help her drop them(never had this problem).. I bought her from a breeder about a week ago..and when she was shipped she came with that belly of eggs. I emailed the breeder about conditioning and they said they never started a conditioning process on her(very trustworthy)..and I havent either..so I dont know what to do.. I have heard about females actually dying because of a huge belly of eggs and them not being able to drop them.. so Im using caution and keeping an eye on her. But I need some pointers.

She is eating properly..Swimming properly..and is very active in her sorority group..all in all she is in fantastic health!

here are some pics.

crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #2 
crowntail lover

Anyone?
Old 12-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

If she is acting and eating fine- personally I wouldn't worry too much about it-usually they will either absorb the eggs or drop and eat them...sometimes they don't eat them but most times they do-sometime you will see white globs on the floor of the tank and this usually will be her poop after she ate her eggs...little white fuzzy dots can sometimes be dropped eggs that she did not eat
Lovely lady too by the way...are you planning to spawn her at some point....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #4 
crowntail lover

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just overreacting a bit. :) I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any white poo or what looks like some eggs.
And thank you! :) Her belly is big but her body is too! She is almost at the 2in mark. I was thinking of breeding her.. But I haven't decided just yet.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #5 
DormDrax

Use the same Logic I do with Drax's bad eye... (Yes I'm beating that to death like a dead horse)

If their Healthy and Happy... Don't worry too much about it. She's cute btw! I love her color!
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #6 
crowntail lover

Thank you DD! :) Her color hasn't change much just yet.. But the breeder sent me some pics and she looks to have more blotches of blue.. So I'm hopeing her colors will change soon so I cam post some pics. :)