Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #1 
Busted

Let me tell you about my day.

Well, I had to get rid of one of my Oscars, and my Pleco. The shop owner was all like at the sizes of them, then I told him my other Oscar is much bigger Anyway, before I gave my fishies new homes, my aunt gave me a christmas card, I opened it and what did I find.... $200 I was like jump out of bed, It's time to go to town. Well after we put the fish in their new tank in the shop, I told him I want 2 submersible heaters, for my Oscars tank, and the little tank I have... So I wondered over to the poor little Betta section, so many Betta in bad shape, Well I looked and spotted what I think is a crowntail, dark blue in color. So needless to say I walk out with him, wanting to help the little guy out. Looks like some fin rot but maybe he will bounce back once he gets comfortable. I need to get some stress coat soon, might be able to get to Petco or walmart later. The 5 gallon is just a heater, and the betta. gotta setup or get a small filter for him soon. But so far he seems pretty active. I didn't fill the tank all the way up so he can make it to the top easier.

All in all I have had a awesome day
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #2 
Busted

Well I came back from petco with 6 more Bettas, 3 males 3 females, I picked up the wrong cup >.< meant to get 4 females. I call this my christmas rescue lol. I gave one of the males to my grandma :) she misses her old blue one, so they had a blue one and I got her that, a heater, and filter. Once I get more money Ill make his home bigger its just a little 1 gallon hex. I think.

Pictures to come later 8D
Old 12-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #3 
Nutt007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted View Post
Well I came back from petco with 6 more Bettas, 3 males 3 females, I picked up the wrong cup >.< meant to get 4 females. I call this my christmas rescue lol. I gave one of the males to my grandma :) she misses her old blue one, so they had a blue one and I got her that, a heater, and filter. Once I get more money Ill make his home bigger its just a little 1 gallon hex. I think.

Pictures to come later 8D
I am suprised you are not in the hospital, you have a TERRIBLE case of the Betta Bug.
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #4 
Busted

I think I do also lol, but I would go crazy if I didn't have my fishies to keep me going.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #5 
CodeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt007 View Post
I am suprised you are not in the hospital, you have a TERRIBLE case of the Betta Bug.

This. +4 :P

Well, you probably know the drill by now. Pictures requested! :PP
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:44 PM   #6 
Busted

I got them all sitting in heated water, they are still in the cups they come in. Just making sure the 30 gallon is good and warm, and the decor is ready, I also had to plant 3 plants, and I couldn't do anything till my Oscar was moved out :\ My grandma LOVES her new Betta, she named him Buddy. The males are all together, maybe they are talking about life back at the store. Well one is in the tank, the others like I said in the cups they come in. Petco has improved rather nicely sense I last went. All the Bettas cups are much larger, and they are LABELED by tail type
Old 12-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #7 
wildmagic713

I catch the horse bug (have been catching it since I was three :P) but I'm starting to catch the Betta bug. I have one right now, but if my mom would let me I can honestly tell you I'd have around 10.

And I noticed that when I bought my new fishtank! They had this GORGEOUS male I wanted, but Mister Fishy is ill so no new Bettas for a while, and my mom would've killed me for walking into the house with a new tank AND a new fish.
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:40 AM   #8 
Busted

Well once I get more cash money lol, my 30 gallon will have more females 8D
Old 12-19-2010, 12:41 AM   #9 
wildmagic713

I wish I could've bought him. He was an incredible half-moon double tail with the most beautiful coloring. I hope I find another one like him once I can get another Betta.

Oh look, this post made me a Junior Member :) I feel special now.

Oh so SPESHUL!

LOL :) It's almost 2 am, I'm starting to go a little crazy.
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote