Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #1 
wildmagic713

Question How do I divide my tank?

I am not planning on doing this for at least a month, but I would like to know so as to start stockpiling what I need.

I just moved my red male veil-tailed Betta into a new 10 gallon tank with a new filter and everything because his 5 gallon gave up on me and the last thing that it had left to do was leak, so I was just like "NEW TANK NOW!"

He's currently ill with Popeye and Finrot (When his filter broke, I tried my best to keep his tank clean, but I was so busy it was hard) (And you don't need to yell at me for that, I feel awful about it happening). I'm treating him with Epsom salt, but I want to get another Betta after he's better, preferably a male because they're beautiful, and I want to know how to divide my tank up.

Is there a way of doing it that requires only one heater/filter? I can get two thermometers because they're so cheap, but filters are expensive and I'd rather stick with what I have.

For example, on here I've seen pictures of dividers that have holes in them that allow water flow, so that only requires one filter, but that do not allow the Bettas to get too close to each other.

Thank you
wildmagic713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #2 
dukie1346

Here's how to make these dividers. Super easy :)
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Kyra/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/

And if you do one like this, you would only need one filter and heater. I wouldn't need 2 thermometers either, but whatever you want! lol

Hope Mister Fishy gets better soon!
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #3 
wildmagic713

Thank you :)

So I'm planning on dividing it into two sections.

I'm getting so into Bettas. I swear to god, if my mom would let me (She's the issue in this operation) I'd probably have 6 ten-gallon tanks divided into two with Bettas in all of them. We have room in the basement, they'd just need heaters.

I really hope I can get more Bettas. I want at least one more in the next year :) I covered the outside of a shoe box in duct tape (WHITE duct tape), wrote "Fish Stuff" on it, and then drew Mister Fishy and an orange half-moon double tail. I don't want an orange one, but I searched half moon double tails, I need a color of sharpie I had, and this one was pretty :) It's for all my stuff. So right now I have my dried bloodworms (They're freeze-dried, but I soak them prior to feeding), the pellets, the flakes, the Epsom salt, the Aquarium salt, the spoon used to dissolve the Epsom salt into a container of water, a container I use for re-acclimating, and a random pair of safety scissors.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #4 
wildmagic713

So as long as the divider is secure, I can have two male Bettas in the same tank, right?
Old 12-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #5 
Neelie

ummm try out my tutorial, link is in my sig below :)
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote