Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #11 
vaygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Please excuse me in advance if what I say seems condescending, it's not meant to be.

You are very young, and at this stage in your life relationships are all about finding out what (in another person) is important to you... what you like and don't, what you MUST have in a relationship and what you can't tolerate. AND... about finding out YOUR needs and limits. This will take time and exposure to several different realtionships so you can figure that at this point in your life, it's all practice and nothing is permanent. With that in mind, follow your heart, explore what appeals to you don't worry too much about 'doing the wrong thing'- half of what passes for wisdom is just the result of having gone down a dead end and learned to recognize them in the future- we all do it! Live and learn.

WHAT DOES NOT KILL ME MAKES ME STRONGER
Friedrich Nietzsche
German philosopher (1844 - 1900)
+1
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #12 
danifacetastic

Thank you guys so much for all of the advice. It really means a lot. My plan right now is to just chill and see what happens. I told my boyfriend I'm frustrated so if he really doesn't change then that's his loss. I'm not trying to change anything major about his personality, just little things that irritate me or hurt me and he's willing to change he just doesn't know how. I think it's okay to change for someone as long as that's what you want to do and feel like it's the right thing.

So I'm just going to see what happens I guess. I hung out with my bf today and it was great and I'm hanging out with my ex tonight to go snowboarding :p
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote