Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #21 
kpullen89

Well said baylee767! They don't deserve bettas.. or any living thing for that matter.

It's really hard to argue with people on how bettas need larger bowls/tanks when petstores sell the tiniest bowls ever with betta fish on the package.. I don't understand why the pet industry keeps making cheap tiny bowl arrangements for bettas..don't they know that they'll get more money and assure healthier fish if they just say bettas require 2.5 gallons at least? People will buy bigger tanks..more money.. I just don't get their logic!
kpullen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #22 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpullen89 View Post
Well said baylee767! They don't deserve bettas.. or any living thing for that matter.

It's really hard to argue with people on how bettas need larger bowls/tanks when petstores sell the tiniest bowls ever with betta fish on the package.. I don't understand why the pet industry keeps making cheap tiny bowl arrangements for bettas..don't they know that they'll get more money and assure healthier fish if they just say bettas require 2.5 gallons at least? People will buy bigger tanks..more money.. I just don't get their logic!
Because even MORE people will buy Bettas if they think they don't have to buy much if they get one.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #23 
kpullen89

Yeah I guess you're right. I wish everyone that bought a betta would get addicted to bettas like us and learn to SPOIL THEM!
kpullen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #24 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpullen89 View Post
Yeah I guess you're right. I wish everyone that bought a betta would get addicted to bettas like us and learn to SPOIL THEM!
I agree with this comment cause ever since I got my Red I been more "in tune" to bettas. I am noticing them more at Walmart and in the pet stores and I look how they are bieing treated. I do spoil them and I am not ashamed to admit it to anyone. When my mother in law was over the other day she was looking at my tank and said something along the lines of "yeah cause they are running away from this " (pointing at the danios I have in there and was refering to my betta did a hard tap on the glass for him). She said it with such disgust and hatred it makes me assume she was only jealous cause I keep my tank in better shape than hers. Anyways sorry I got off subject!

Last edited by dramaqueen; 12-26-2010 at 12:06 AM.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:26 AM   #25 
baylee767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
Because even MORE people will buy Bettas if they think they don't have to buy much if they get one.
But the companies make more money if people buy bigger tanks still. A company could get over $100 on one Betta if they said they needed larger tanks. A company would only get $5 on each Betta, and it would take 20 Bettas to reach the same amount of money as one Betta advertised with a larger tank...

These companies are dumb and need to learn the facts! People spoil their fish and the company gets more money... Duuuuuh
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote