Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #1 
Betta Slave

Possible Parasite Hanging Out of Gill?

Well, not really hanging... on the top of one of her gill plates, right where it connects to her head, Rawrie has a tiny little translucent thread thing floating around... I can only see it because it has a bubble attached to the end, and that draws attention to it. You can barely see it so pics won't do anything.

Anyway, what I'm really wondering is, does this mean her parasites could be leaving? I don't see her flashing when I do her water changes with salt. I only saw her flash yesterday, when I got her, when I put her in her new home (again, there was salt in there).

Help please? I've treated parasites before, so I know how to do that... but I am planning on breeding her as soon as I can (once I've gotten rid of her parasites and I have everything I need) and so I need to know.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #2 
Dragonlady

I have had an experience very much like this. The tiny little translucent thread thing ended up being carpet fuzz, and I had to remove it manually.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #3 
Betta Slave

I suppose it could be a hair or something, yes... I've tried to get close to her with tweezers but she's too interested in them and I don't want to poke her. I'll wait a bit and see if it comes out or not.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #4 
Betta Slave

Sorry for the double post but now I'm sure it's not a hair... she has them on her fins, a few on her body... white translucent things that sometimes are a bit thick in parts, no patterns or anything... parasites? D: Help please... I thought she just had parasites in her gills...