Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Been a little bad...

Today after my exam, thought I'd give myself a break and head to Big Al's...didn't actually plan on buying anything, but guess what?

Attention fleetfish & all other members in the Ottawa region: Big Al's has got some lovely Delta + Super Deltas on sale for $5.99! That's like 4 times cheaper than what they usually sell for!

Actually, I didn't know at first. I was just checking out a boy that caught my eye, but was thinking that it's still pretty expensive for me to buy...until the lady told me that...I thought, "Perfect! Happy birthday to me!"

Anyway, so then it was who to pick...they had a lot of gorgeous guys there, mainly wild-types and multi colours...I think they all came from a single spawn...it was was really hard to choose! I narrowed it down to a flaring wild-type with 'leopard spots' and the cutest little rounded tail, and a handsome green-ish/blue boy with a bit of a mask.

...Buuut I couldn't choose between the two. Every time I went to put one of them back, I felt bad for leaving him there. So...I bought both!

And so this is how I ended up with two very handsome boys that cost me half the price of what one normally does! Good deal!

Anywho, as for the boys...I did put some thought into their housing situation. I've had a few tupperware-type bins that I bought for storage, but hadn't used them yet. They're not so big...definitely bigger than 0.5 gallons. I'm thinking about a gallon. I've put them in there until next Tuesday/Wednesday when I'm returning home for winter break and they'll get a nice roomy critterkeeper.

Currently floating them in their bags (I got home late!), but I'm sooo excited! Wish I could show you guys pictures, but you'll have to wait until next week!

BTW, I named my not-so-new-anymore new boy Albatross. He seems veerrry interested in his new neighbour, even if he can't really see him (the bin's translucent).

Last edited by Jupiter; 12-17-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #2 
shinybetta

Hope the new boys are happy! Can't wait for pics.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #3 
MadMay

The one with leopard spots sounds really interesting! I only have a petco nearby and I only have two empty tanks and one community so I saving them for my Fancy breeders quality fish if I ever get my hands on any! Super jealous that you have so many tanks X[ So whatcha gonna name the newbies
MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #4 
fleetfish

Ooooh .... tempting ..... O__O <---- *sparkly eyes*

But I'm debating on wether I should go, because I too have been bad. I found my Red VT boy yesterday. Oh you know what, I'm going, I have room. The more the merrier!
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #5 
Jupiter

Not sure of names yet, since I haven't seen much of them-they're still super skittish and have been mostly go to hide whenever I check in on them.

Been thinking of naming the wild type Octavian though.

Go for it! They had some really cute boys-it was very hard narrowing it down to just two! There was also a cellophane.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #6 
anglnarnld

Cant Wait to see your new boys!! :D
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #7 
fleetfish

Ended up not going today, but I'll make the trip monday. I really hope the Cello is still there!
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #8 
anglnarnld

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
Ended up not going today, but I'll make the trip monday. I really hope the Cello is still there!
Im crossing my finger for you! ;D
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #9 
Jupiter

Yeah, hope you can give him a good home!
Old 12-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #10 
MadMay

I like the name Octavian and maybe Darius or Dionosys. :D
MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote