Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2010, 05:52 PM   #1 
Lamia

Talking Betta Games

Ok, you might not be able to play with a betta as you could with say, a dog, but I was wondering if anyone here had any little games or activities they do with their bettas.
Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #2 
Juneii

Neptune does not find interest in flaring at his reflection (or at other bettas) or making bubble nests. To try and entertain him I wave my finger across the front of his bowl for him to follow and chase him around his bowl with my finger or a net. I assume it doesn't scare him since he doesn't hide in his tree trunk when I do. And continues to follow me around afterwards :)
I taught him to jump for the food on my finger, perhaps I should find a plastic hoop and see if I can get him to swim through it...
Juneii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #3 
bettafish15

I put my finger on the side of the tank and have him follow it around. My betta chases my last two neon tetras whenever they get too close to him :P I also put new and interesting items in front of his tank every day, like a shiny figurine, a comic book, pencil sharpener, my kitten, just random things. xD He reacts differently to each :)
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:00 AM   #4 
Malvolti

My Betta likes to play tag with my Shrimp. He chases them around the tank, then he turns around and they chase him. It's fun to watch.

He also likes to follow my finger around the glass, but if I put my finger in the water he just stares at it and when I move it he runs away.

Today I was trying to get a good look at his fins looking for Fin Rot, velvet or other diseases ( I do it every week or two just to make sure) and was using a flashlight. He started chasing the light around the tank like a cat does.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #5 
baylee767

Neon likes to stare at my finger and sit still, but still flare his gills at it when I spin my finger in a circle.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:17 AM   #6 
kholder

I'll drop in a random objects in, like the old (clean) lid from a fish foot container, etc. Shamum is hilarious. He flares his fins just a bit, gets all sideways like a cat and floats backwards away from the object. After about 5 or 10 seconds he's totally checking it out. If it's something big enough for him to swim into he will.

I noticed last night, in an attempt to get him to pellets ( I drop him one or two daily just to keep trying), I dropped in about 5 pellets on accident, so in an attempt to retreive the extras before they sank I stuck my finger in to pull them to the edge of the tank. Shamus attacked the one pellet I was going for as if I were another fish trying to take his meal.
kholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #7 
Sweeda88

I have mine jump for food, and I drop a wooden bead in the tank for him to flare at and push around. I also have a huge tangle of plants for him to swim in and out of.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #8 
TaylorW

I teach mine tricks. My betta can jump, follow my finger, and sometimes I make him swim in a circle XD
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #9 
fflores

mine does my taxes
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #10 
PewPewPew

Lololol at the taxes thing.
I got mine a tiny bubble stone, he plays in the bubbles and likes to nip at them. I also show him videos some times of random types of fish or female bettas (he never flares and sits there, dumbfounded). I also like to put interesting, colorful things by his tank so he looks at them, which is great for getting a good look at him and taking pics while hes preoccupied :3 <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta care, fun, games, play