Betta Fish Forum banner

Top Fin Power Filter 20 with Cartridge *PROBLEM*

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  gbose 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
I recently bought a 20 gal starter ( http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3477414&lmdn=Price )
for my female betta, Snicklefrits, and after about two weeks I noticed the filter was blowing bubbles out and seemed to be pushing the water out faster than before. Is this a simple problem, maybe I need to switch of the cartridge with a new one? I was just wondering if anyone else has any experience in this matter already,
Thanks!

#2 ·
I wouldn't worry about bubbles from your filter -- that's normal. If the speed of our filter has gone up dramatically, check if it's adjustable. You may have accidentally turned it up.

You may want to research the filter on the net (after you've checked the manual). I have an AquaTech filter; nothing in the instructions about adjusting the flow, but learned on the net that I just needed to move the input pipe up or down...

Is it really worrying your fish?

GB

#3 ·
Sorry for the delay, I think it may be I mean its a 20g tank but she constantly swim up to the front of the cage whenever I'm around and gets blow around by it. I have 6 otos in there with her, she loves them, no problem at all but I just don't want her stressed out from being moved around. Theres plenty of room where it doesn't effect her but she loves the front of the tank and want to make sure shes as happy as can be

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.