Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #1 
Busted

So, Need your thoughts on this...

Well first off I'm not sure If I can even post something like this but I am

Ok, recently I had to downsize, and that means selling my other 55 gallon. Being I didn't pay for it, and it was a christmas gift. I have no idea what its worth. It has a handmade stand, the cabinet is very very roomy. It is much larger then the tank, but needs to be refinished to really look good. Could even paint it and it would still be nice. Also, the tank has one little chipped spot on the plastic. It has never leaked, and was my Oscars home till I moved him to my 55 gallon I wanted to keep, Its smaller and takes up less space. This custom stand could hold up to a 90 gallon.

What would you say it is worth? I'm just trying not to get crapped out of money, cause that mean upgrades and more female Bettas for the 30gallon

If this is in violation just delete the thread
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:34 AM   #2 
purplemuffin

The fact that you have a whole set means it's worth more, it really depends, though.. I bought a 55 for 40 dollars, while I see some people sell them for 200 or 150! I'd check your craigslist and see what people in your area are selling things similar for!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:13 AM   #3 
Busted

Thanks, I looked around here they are $75-$300+ range. I got my 55(stand and hood), 30(stand, hood, and $50 worth of goldfish), a little betta tank, extra decor, about 100lbs of gravel, and other older stuff. All for $50 lol the offer was way to awesome to pass up. I'd feel happy around a $200 range anything less then $150 can give up and go home lol.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #4 
Dragonlady

The stand appears very well made and is probably worth more than the tank. I see the ODell brand sticker on the side, which means that it is an older tank. I think ODell brand tanks went out of business around 10 years ago. It is not uncommon for an aquarium over 10 years old to begin leaking, which decreases the tank's value for fish. It might be a good idea to sell the tank as a reptile tank with the stand and screened lid. Around $100 or best offer sounds reasonable. I have had older aquariums leak occasionally, and it is not fun.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #5 
Busted

It holds water fine I mean I just drained it before I took those pictures. And yes the stand is nice quality, If I could sell the tank and keep the stand I would like that lol.

Last edited by Busted; 12-22-2010 at 10:27 AM.