Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #1 
weluvbettas

Aquabid question. :]

I want to buy a aquabid pair but were abouts on the site do you buy pairs? Or do you just have to ask if there is a sibling female?
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Yup, you must ask.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #3 
monroe0704

Some will specify that they have available siblings.. if you are looking at ordering now the breeder ploybettas is throwing in a free female with the purchase of a male!
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

some have pairs but asking is the way to go.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #5 
FloridaBettas239

What you want to do is find a good breeder, Someone that is really trust worthy... And the most important part is finding a male or female that you really like. Then you email that seller and ask if they have a sibling available.
Usally if there a good breeder they will send you a couple pictures of 2 or 3 different siblings for you to choose from...

What I do is look for a really nice male, When I find him. One that I just have to have I will email the seller and ask them if they have a sibling. Also I never pay what there asking, If they want 25 for the male and 15 for the female which = 40.00... I will ask the seller "Will you take 30.00 for the pair!"
Most of the time they jump right on it and say yes.. These guys over in thailand are only paying 2 and 3 dollars in u.s money for the fish.. There is a big fish market.. I no a broker that buys fish from breeders and sells them. Because he can speak english very well so he will go to the fish market and buy them for 2 and 3 dollars and then sell them on AB for 25.00 and up..
So always ask them to take less... And you really want to deal with a breeder over a broker.. My friend here in florida just got 100 bettas from thailand to start his farm off with.... Yeah thats right 100 bettas male and females, We had to drive to the trans shipper and pick them up or it would of cost almost 400 in shipping...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #6 
JKfish

Sorry for hijacking the thread Weluvbettas...

Floridabettas, how do you know who is a broker and who isn't? I think I have a feeling who is and who isn't, seeing as some (what I think are brokers) tend to say something like: "You are bidding on a ______directly from _______, a top show quality breeder in Thailand."

Last edited by JKfish; 12-22-2010 at 09:53 AM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #7 
JaspersANGEL

I agree, asking is the way to go!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #8 
NIB BETTA

Another thing to consider is getting two females, especially if the betta's pattern or color is unique. Also tell the breeder what you are looking for in a female.

I learned my lesson the hard way. I bought a beautiful Red Dragon male, and let the seller select the sibling female with no input from me. When she arrived I was very disappointed. She didn’t compliment him at all. I told the breeder I wasn’t happy with her color and fins. He sent another female from a different pair he bred and she was perfect. So sometimes a sibling isn’t always the best choice.

I know FloridaBettas will agree that Aquastar71 is great to work with. I recently purchased a pair from Kit and I was very clear on what traits I wanted the female to have in order to compliment the male. He told me he had to go to his farm and search for the right female. Took a few days but I was very happy with the female he selected.

Last edited by NIB BETTA; 12-22-2010 at 03:35 PM.
NIB BETTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #9 
MrVampire181

I've had good luck with Chaba he's great! I had some issues with the fish but he replaced the two males but the female he sent me is doing great!
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #10 
FloridaBettas239

It's not easy to tell who is a broker or not, The easiest way is to just email the person back and forth. They will not have as much knowledge as the breeders. Also when you ask to see the parents to the pair you are buying and they can't show you, most of the time it's because they just went to that fish market and bought a bunch of good looking fish.
A real breeder will have a spawn log!
He/She will have records of the parents all the way to the grandparents...
But anyway as some have said aquastar71
Is a very good seller. He does have a huge farm where he does everything.. And a lot of these people have all there bettas sent to one person then they get shipped from Thailand to a trans shipper and then to you..
That is one thing out of my 6 bettas from AB
2 of them died... And 2 fish all together is almost 100.00 to your doorstep. If your a serious breeder then getting your starter stock from Thai is not a bad thing, specially when bettysplendens has moved overseas..
Anyway once you get that nice starter stock and get that F1 spawn going then you can make an awesome show betta, It just takes some years...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote