Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #21 
FloridaBettas239

See I have never been charged a box fee!
But there just getting you one way or another.
As for me I live so close to my trans shipper, I just pick up my fish for 10 dollars in gas..
If I don't have time I can have up to 4 fish shipped for 18 dollars 1st day..
Anyway I was just letting him/herno what to expect. If I'm off a dollar here and there sry..
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #22 
weluvbettas

Thanks guys for the help. There are some breeders in the uk but the main one has quite bad fish and no info on them or parents so they could just be pet store fish.

There is a betta festival over here but I couldent make it as parents were busy and could not drive me:( Hoping to go next year. Some of the fish looked amazing. I think it would be cheaper to by from the uk. If the pair is incompatable ( idk if this is spelt right) will the breeder send new male / female?
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #23 
brandonwlee

Its a pity you can't make it to the betta festival, by the way, normally if the pair you get is incompatible, the breeder will not send you a new pair, provided the fishes is/are doa when received. anyway, no harm asking!!
brandonwlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #24 
MrVampire181

All pairs will spawn....I have some fish that are difficult to spawn but eventually do so.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #25 
FloridaBettas239

Not all will spawn! I would say that 95% of the bettas will spawn.
But there is a handful here and there, That when you put them together. It's instant fighting, No matter how much I condition them. Even with live foods.
I have got some difficult bettas to spawn.
I have had a male that was so mean. I took him and let him and another male fight a little then put him back and he wasn't as mean and he spawn with her. In the wild bettas will fight for a female, So when they do like I have them, it makes them feel like the fought for her. Then he gets in there and gets the job done. Bettysplendens told me this trick. You don't let them fight so bad they hurt each other, Just enough to get them filling like king..
Anyway It's a good idea to buy 2 pairs from the spawn you like or at least get 2 females and one male.. Then if you have problems, You have a back up.. And if everything is good then you got 2 females to start 2 lines with..
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:49 AM   #26 
brandonwlee

some pair spawn and some do not, some even take longer time, and others instantly. There are also genetic and external factors that affect the condition of spawning. anyway, the more you spawn, the more experience you get to deal with difficult spawning situations. no matter how experience you are, a few spawn tends to fail once in a while. So if you do not suceed the first time, dont give up :)
brandonwlee is offline   Reply With Quote