Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #1 
fishylegacy

Getting a new tank

I recently got my first Beta fish. It got it kind of a whim and kinda cause my dorm room gets lonely. Anyway I have decided that I would like my surviving fish to have a bigger home. I'm looking into a 5 gallon tank. I am however worried about getting the wrong one. I had settled on one called the Eclipse Hexagon 5 Aquarium by Marineland it had a filter in the hood plenty of space fits in my itty bitty dorm room and even had a hood to avoid him from becoming a wild beta fish. Then someone told me that the filter was going to suck up my beta and kill him or rip him to shreds.

So my question is this tank going to make mince meat out of my little guy? and if so what kind of tank and filter do you recommend that's in the 5 gallon range and not heck of expensive?
fishylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:16 AM   #2 
Sweeda88

Don't worry, the filter won't harm your fish at all. If it wouldn't harm a neon tetra, which is many times smaller than a Betta, it won't harm your fish. There is not a filter out there that could "rip a fish to shreds". That tank is fine.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote