Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #11 
MrVampire181

Good luck! Just a tip: Many first time breeders run into velvet ad this will kill an entire spawn....I add preventative meds as soon as I pull the male.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #12 
Creat

Best of luck to you! and if you have any males you want to find homes for I might just have to go and get one :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:38 AM   #13 
MadMay

Thanks for the advice MrVampire181, what would you sugest I use that is safe for the fry? My tank has no light on it as I wanted to do a low light spawn, I also put aquarium salt in it to help with any stress or injuries that might accure. I am keeping the tank above 80 and it has been running at 82.

Creat I would love to give you as many as you want (for free) I cant promise their will be any as this is my first spawn and I am not sure how it will go.

Update: I released the female today she was very responsive to Dion and he had a small bubble nest. She is doing great, swimming up to the bubbles and putting her head down, he comes up and flares and he chases her/or she swims away. I will watch them a little longer to make sure he dosent get violent and then its lights of for the night.

I am very proud of myself Im constantly wanting to move this here or change that there, and I've been able to control myself and just leave them alone. I dont even have my face pressed against the glass.(Dion likes to try to scare me away by flaring....:C)
MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #14 
MrVampire181

Just sti back, relax, and cross your fingers ;)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:25 AM   #15 
Creat

Lol thats a great image of your face on the tank and him trying to scare you off. I know how hard is not to look all the time. I am rooting for them to give you a great spawn! I usually use aquarium salt to avoid velvet and I have never had an issue. My hardest time comes with feeding the fry.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #16 
MadMay

Creat: XD well I think Dion is just concerned that my nose might be at a perminent bend if I stay that way to long. lol I'm hoping everthing thing goes smoothly but what problems did you come across?

Update: I just snuck a quick look, the tiny nest he did have is demolished just a couple lines of bubbles now. Neither are showing any tears in fins and female is still showing bars. I'm not going to mess with anything as it has only been daylight for an hour or so. I'm hoping he will leave her alone for a bit and start working on his nest but overall Im not worried.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:17 PM   #17 
Creat

I feed green water/ infusoria and micro worms. There is usually a die off right when they first get on then when I switch the foods. Although I still do it slowly some just seem to refuse to eat. It usually makes me twitch a little and spaz out when I find dead fry.
I still cant get over how amazing the male looks if you get fry that look anything like him I want one so bad.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #18 
MadMay

XD I dont know if any will look like him. My un-educated guess would be. oranges, dalmations, cellophans, marbles, and butterflys. Mneme has darkened to black I can see the red spots but they arent as bright I assume because she has the dalmation spots she might carry the NR2 and since Dion has a salmon/orange color body were the dragon scaling isnt expressed he might also have the NR2.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #19 
Creat

Gosh any of those mixes would be brilliant and i think you will get the rainbow sorority your looking for.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #20 
MadMay

I hope so! <3

Update: Dion has a very good nest going and he stays under it until Mneme swims up then he scares her away. So I think everything is going good. About 4 hours until lights out so I dont know if they will spawn tonight. My guess is it will be tomorrow.